I have something to confess.

So.

Funny story…

Proto

I’m a furry.

The image you see above is me as a protogen. His name is Vertex.

Will you guys still support me?

5 Likes

Of course!

the fact that I’m also a furry probably has something to do with it but still

3 Likes

Thanks!

I wasn’t entirely sure about how everyone would react to this post.

2 Likes

Also Vertex looks great, very nice design :relaxed:

2 Likes

Being a furry is nothing to be ashamed of, despite what some people here may say

You do you, buddy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey listen, I’m the person who recruits for the bat brigade, an inherently furry cause. You’ve got nothing to worry about from me.

4 Likes

In reference to your neighbor, Takutanuva - sounds like a man who has earned his place in a cage. I’m really sorry you were even remotely exposed to that, no one should ever have to be.

But let’s not be so impulsive as to negativity implicate entire demographics for the sins of one individual. Christians, Muslims, atheists, straight people, gay people, every race, age group, and tax bracket have individuals guilty of such crimes. It doesn’t make those groups bad. It just means we all need to guard our own hearts, and ensure we don’t wander into that territory.

You may have seen those crimes elsewhere, but you haven’t seen them in this topic. Like Alucia said, with authority, most in that community are benign and cause no such harm to the innocent. I’m sure that’s true of your demographics as well - and I’m sure your demographics have bad eggs that need to be watched for.

You have a right to be disturbed and offended by what your neighbor did, but meter your heart. Don’t lay blame where it was not earned.

7 Likes

Vertex is very cute :slight_smile: He has a lovely smile.

3 Likes

@Takutanuva, if @redstripepakari387 likes wearing a mascot costume, than he will like it, also be kind of all kinds of people.

9 Likes

Thank you for handling this professionally Spiderus.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity: what is the context of this? I think I missed a section of this conversation.

2 Likes

I think it got deleted

3 Likes

probably for good reason

3 Likes

Ah, ok.

2 Likes

There was a brief disagreement on something, but I don’t want to undermine anyone’s decisions by effectively reposting it

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed your art and thoughts on multiple topics, and will likely continue to do so. Being a furry has no bearing on that. I think you are a part of what makes the boards a better place.

But this is still an absurd topic. Treating being a fan of an art style/community like it’s an ethnicity or ideology is ridiculous.

7 Likes

Always thought protogen were cool, even before I realized they were a furry thing. Though my love for robots probably has something to do with it.

Being a furry by itself isn’t something to be ashamed of. Especially here, a community mainly focused on a canceled toyline of plastic buildable robots.

5 Likes