I think I own Matoro from fall of virtues! (Solved, no it’s just a look alike)

So recently me and @Eilrach were going through the routine of sitting on the floor building bionicles from a bulk lot whilst watching stop motions when Eilrach spotted something. He got a screen grab of Matoro’s feet and we realised we have ignika feet just like that-in fact those feet were from a complete Mataro who had clay plastered in several spots.

At the time we first got Mataro we didn’t think anything of the clay so we pulled him a apart, but I’ve gathered up as many of the pieces that I can positively identify as having black and red clay.

Here’s photos of other parts that have traces:

So what do you guys think? Could it be the real thing?
I’m thinking of contacting the original creator to find out what they did with the original and see if there’s a chance it could have ended up in a bulk like the one we found it in.

27 Likes

yo wait.

you’re tellin’ me.

VERY NICE

5 Likes

While it may be the real thing, I think it there’s also a chance it may be a product of someone trying to replicate th matoro from Fall of Virtues. Either way, it’s neat find.

7 Likes

The clay on such pristine, rare, valuable G1 parts makes me want to cry

and the spelling of Matoro :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

this is fascinating…

2 Likes

Bruh I’d just come back from work that started 5:30 in the morning-I’d put such an embarrassing typo down to sleep deprivation :stuck_out_tongue:

also yes the clay brings tears to ones eyes :persevere:

@ToaOfPlastic indeed…

That’s how I feel about it :smile:

6 Likes

That clay must be rock solid man :laughing:

Didn’t expect to see something like this today, I think Spidey’s fairly active on YouTube, try leaving a comment asking him if he gave it away or sold it.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I guess that confirms it’s just an attempted recreation

3 Likes

still very interesting that someone would try and do that.

3 Likes

*que sad monke flip music

:anguished: :weary: :sob:
Tragic…it was too good to be true…still good on that guy for asking in my behalf, I put off things way to often.

“Hey! Anyone want to buy a Fall of virtues Matoro replica!?” jk…unless…

7 Likes

The fact that it’s not even the real thing and it’s just a replica makes me want to cry even more.

Who dares defile a G1 set with the most unholy of substances?!

3 Likes