Ice and Stone

Back to back, the two unlikely companions faced down the forces of darkness. A warrior with a heart of ice and a brawler with a will of stone, on that day they became brothers.

Finally finished! It took me a month or two, but I managed to pull it off. Tell me what you think! Next up: Tahu.

60 Likes

Oohhhh
This is awesome.
Really awesome. The shading and shaping is fantastic! Well done!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Ahh, that’s nice looking. Just wondering, was it supposed to be G3, or just some good ol’ bionic art?

2 Likes

Not really sure; I’ve just been drawing gritty versions of the toa with random elements from their various incarnations. I’d probably label it under stylized G1.

2 Likes

Finally! I’ve waited for this! Quick question tho:
Why does Kopaka have a staff instead of a sword?

1 Like

Well it’s more of a spear of polearm, but I get your gist. I guess I thought since Tahu already always has a sword, and Kopaka had a spear in G2 wave one, I could make the switch. It also gives him sort of a spartan weapon combo, which I liked. Fun fact, before I settled on that mask design, I tried to work a spartan helmet design into it. Didn’t work😂

1 Like

It looks awesome, great shading my dude.

2 Likes

This is really cool. I’ve always enjoyed the aesthetic behind Bionicle art and it makes me want to see Bionicle 2d animated show

1 Like

Great stuff! I appreciate how they’re shown to be more cybernetic instead of biological wearing armor.

1 Like

I love Shaolin Pohatu. His flying kick is glorious. Kopaka is good too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Love it! the shading looks really good, I love this style

1 Like

Action scenes are surprisingly rare in the Bionicle art community, so this is really refreshing!

1 Like

I noticed the same thing! It’s probably because action scenes are really hard to do. It’s the main reason this took so long. I’ll try to do one for Tahu, we’ll see.

Oh, that reminds me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions or ideas for Tahu’s drawing? Like what version do you want me to take the most inspiration from, scene, etc.

Mata

pls

no veiny mcveinface :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, now I gotta know what this is referencing😂

lookit this dood

look at the top of his head

or really just any part of his face, yeuch

3 Likes

Ah! Say no more.

Siiick.

1 Like

I imagine the vagueness of the designs is also an issue. It’s hard enough to interpret how they’d look in the first place :smile:

1 Like