Ice Dwarf

I’ve had this torso build done for the longest time, but was never sure what I wanted to use it for. The other day, I decided to finally finish it.
This is my Ice dwarf (name pending).

I knew I had to do this when I found the combinations of Gelu and Strakk’s helmet could make an awesome cycloptic, ice-bearded head design.

Like I said, the torso came first, so it’s very built up. It’s heavy too, with tons of joints and pistons making up the interior. His spine is actually made out of a ratcheting joint from Cahdok and Gahdok, although it’s buried in there.

There’s also his arms, which are a new experiment for me. Double-joints at the shoulder restricts movement but bulks him out in a unique way. The arms themselves are also unconventional, with stubby parts and a grabby poseable hand. There’s little technic pegs to click into his sword and buckler so he can hold them properly.

I mounted the upside-down Nuju Hordika head to round out the hunchback appearance. I also had plenty of pearl light grey parts to sink into this guy, so boy did I use them.

While I was digging around for parts I found the cloth piece from the range trooper buildable figure, and I knew I had to try it out. It ended up looking like a funny little waistcoat for him. Can’t decide if I like him better with or without it.

Other attempts at making dwarven bionicle characters that i’ve seen lack the bulk needed to make them look truly like fantasy dwarves, they kind of just end up looking like midgets, or matoran with extra steps. I wanted to accentuate the beef on this guy. He’s as wide as he is tall.

The sword is thick and brutish as well. I can envision this guy raising it into the air before screaming and charging at some ga-koro elves or something.

Let me know what you think!

15 Likes