Ice Makuta & Umarak MOCs

Hi, If you remember i mentioned these two in some of my posts. Well they are finally finished, So here they are!

This makuta is meant to be an Ice makuta cause i didnt want to focus on the “Purple and Black” color scheme Everyone does that color scheme! So i focused on a Gold, White and Blue color scheme, So he is Ice. Makuta is armed with a Shotgun, And some mechanical Legs. And i mean that. Let me get to that story. "When makuta was brought back to life by Ekimu and 6 ancient wizards after the events of the End of Journey to one. He was revived. with a price, His whole entire Lower body was gone! so Ekimu made a mechanical lower body for makuta. The end. Now onto the Umarak MOC. This umarak was meant to be found after makuta was Eliminated at the end of “Journey to one” And he was taken as a prisoner. forced to Mine all day for materials for Ekimu’s mask-making. But after makuta was revived Makuta Secretly broke Umarak out of his prison. Then they went around doing… Makuta things. Umarak is equiped with: A hand pickaxe and a Molten Fisthammer. Thats about all i have to say about these guys. Thanks for tuning in for one of my MOCS!

1 Like

Makuta’s build looks really thrown together, not really sure at all about what’s going on with that torso. As for Umarak, he’s OK. He kind of looks like a scaled down and minimalized version of the set.

2 Likes

Hes not scaled down. Hes taller than the set. Also did you not read the entire post? Makuta’s Lower body was removed when he was revived.

Makuta’s torso is weird, and Umarak looks like he’s missing his armor.

1 Like

Thats the point. Umarak was tooken prisoner and was only given tattered clothes! Why would you need armor working to mine ROCKS??? In a stabilized cavern with supports.

He looks smaller in general body mass and size. He’s missing a lot of his armor and extra bulk.

As for Makuta, the story does not excuse an issue with the MOC. It looks cobbled together and lacks coherence.

3 Likes

Story doesn’t excuse the flaws.

6 Likes

These moc aren’t very impressive, the visual of being “brought back to life but downgraded” fail to my eyes and I don’t see Makuta leg being mecha; just a huge white chunk of lengthy proportion.

Also Edited Title for a slightly distinct info. -Square

4 Likes

Makuta’s build is pretty odd looking, with the two torsos and such. It also creates the big gap in the middle. His legs look really short too. Umarak has random colours all over. Both these look like they were sorta thrown together.

4 Likes

There is no need to argue over opinions, constructive criticism can help you improve upon your work. Don’t get upset or defensive over stuff like that. Though the the designs might make sense to the story, they might not look aesthetically pleasing. I hope you can understand where the criticism is coming from and not take it as ignorance. I would gladly like too see what it to class me and that you can grow as a builder.

2 Likes

Makuta IMO doesn’t look that good or interesting at all and the gap in the chest certainly doesn’t help it. The Umarak on the other hand is a bit bare boned but it works. The weapon on Umarak also needs some work

What do you want me to do paint the hands Green and make the handle bigger so it seems massive? (Talking about the fisthammer)

It just doesn’t really look like a weapon, more like some kind of basic tool.