Idos and Jayla, the Fused Pair (NLAU)

Idos and Jayla, the Fused Pair

Two Matoran, one Body

Two Personalities, one Form

Perhaps two heads is better than one?

“Remember, little ones…”

“…you belong to me. You owe your lives to me. My precious pet…”

Running with the speed of the swiftest winds.

Rough and rugged, forged in trauma…

…but far from broken.

Bio: Eons ago, the Fe-Matoran Idos and the Ga-Matoran Jayla were shipped to the realm of Karzahni. As Idos lay on Karzahni’s work table, mid-‘repair,’ Jayla was attacked by one of the vicious Manas Crabs roaming that cursed realm. Her body already weakened from being poorly rebuilt, Jayla lay broken and near death when Karzahni rushed out and found her. Desperate to save his ‘child,’ Karzahni panicked and fused the broken remains of her body with the half-finished body of Idos. The result saved Jayla’s life… at the cost of her and Idos having to share a body. The shock of this terrible repair would leave the two forever scarred. After years as the Mad Titan’s ‘pet,’ they would sneak aboard one of the last vessels that ever departed from the realm. But freedom did not bring happiness; their appearance left them shunned by wider Matoran society. Jayla and Idos would spend millennia adrift, taking on unsavory jobs just to find some semblance of purpose. They eventually settled in the wilds of Voya Nui, living away from the established Matoran settlements. It is there that they remain to this day, only occasionally venturing into settlements for energy and repair.

Personality: Idos is soft-spoken and gentle, often losing himself deep in thought. By contrast, Jayla is boisterous and brash, with strangers often mischaracterizing her as aggressive. The two frequently argue about how to handle a given situation, with Idos’ careful caution clashing with Jayla’s bold directness. However, both Idos and Jayla would say they get along with each other quite well. Indeed, for every argument they have, there is a moment of levity and humor shared between the two. Even beyond the necessity of getting along, Idos and Jayla have a deep respect and appreciation for one another. With everything the pair have endured… the bond they have is far greater than their shared body.

This MOC was made for the Rebuilt Matoran collab, hosted by fritz_mocs on Instagram!

I think this build speaks for itself :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

Really unique idea, and well executed! I really like the little backstory, too.

Overall I like it a lot. You don’t see many two headed Bionicles out there.

4 Likes

Would this be the “two-headed” Matoran from one of the Ignition comics? That torso looks quite nice.

3 Likes

Yeah this is what I would definitely expect if you were to go there.

3 Likes