If a matoran repaired by Karzahni becomes a Toa do they look different?

If repaired (karzahni) matoran become Toa do they look different?

Clarification: Does their appearance drastically vary from other members of their Toa team/ other Toa?

7 Likes

Just to clarify, do you mean repaired Matoran as in the rebuilt Mata-Nui Matoran, or do you mean Karzahni Matoran?

3 Likes

Karzahni

Sorry should’ve clarified that.

4 Likes

apparently when a matoran transforms into a toa their appearance is based on what they believe a toa looks like.
idk how karzahni’s “repairs” would affect this though.

7 Likes

oh yeah forgot about that.

edit: while I will consider this an answer, i do want to see other peoples answers for this question.

3 Likes

Headcannon: Ironically, they become the most pristine, cleanest, and elegant looking Toa. A direct inverse of their own pain and insecurity from their mangled selfs.

8 Likes

So technically Karzahni did kind of fix them.

In summary:

Karzahni

6 Likes

I feel like that would depend on whether or not the “repaired” matoran are sane enough to think of themselves as disfigured.

6 Likes

There’s probably a whole range of possibilities depending on the Matoran’s own view on the matter, their prior experience with Toa, and whatever a writer feels makes a better story.

4 Likes

The rebuilding process probably doesn’t affect it per se. Any Voyatoran would probably transform normally, not counting influences from the organic Inika and Piraka.
But the Horror of Karzahnis realm isn’t the kind that inspires idealism and looking up to a hero. It’s the soul-crushing “no one can or will help you” kind.
So yeah I think most of Karzahnis Matoran would have lost faith in Toa long ago and their own transformations would be weak to reflect that.

3 Likes

Perhaps. Given the opportunity to become a Toa may change a perspective though. Knowing that you can now BECOME the difference that you needed in your lowest state can change a person’s perspective. Thats coming from personal life experience

2 Likes