If there's still some Elemental Powers issues, why not make Kopaka Crystal? [Characters]

I went back and watched some podcasts I missed and was surprised that the issue of Water and Ice being the same thing led people to thinking Kopaka could be a Toa of Lightning, and later Pohatu was considered as a Toa of Crystal, but nobody ever suggested Kopaka be a Toa of Crystal.

If nobody’s worried about this anymore then never mind, but I at least wanted to put this out there in case.

1 Like

but you make crystals by melting sand or melting rocks at a high preassure, I dont think kopaka would really fit in that character, tho pohatu could, since his element is pretty much like desert

1 Like

To my understanding, there are no more elemental powers issues. They decided to keep the original elements (modifying earth to mean soil and plantlife), and are justifying it by saying that the elements draw from the regions.

2 Likes

Didn’t Kopaka mean ice ?

And this was why they stuck to the Old canon?
I remember the moment of ruining 3 pod casts of discussion about characters only to find that to keep their names they would have to repersent that element they were named after.

1 Like

The more I think about how utterly pointless Ice and Stone are as elements, the more I jsut dont care anymore in changing them to something different.

Let it stay Fire, Ice, Air, Water, Stone, Earth. Just make each element distinctly different for each other in terms of limitations so as to not power overlap.

Why do we want a Toa of Crystal?

“Lewa” meaning “Air” didn’t stop his element from being “Jungle” in G2

That was actually a joke in one of the minisodes.

Renember when the Toa were at the ancient city and they were crushed under rubble? Then Lewa was talking about flying away, but then Onua says: “What are you, a Toa of Air?” That was actually pretty funny for me.

2 Likes

Kopaka said that, but yeah, I remember! Great moment.

1 Like

I believe TTV said they may add the power of Crystals and Gems to Onua in their wave 2. I may be wrong on that statement but I think Onua makes more sense then Kopaka regardless.

Onua’s already getting plants, I don’t think they’re going to add more to that.

1 Like

There wouldn’t be any point to having Kopaka then.

1 Like