If you were the ruler of a kingdom, how would you run it?

I’d still need to flesh it out, but I know I’d have some sort of law requiring that Citizens have a reasonably thorough understanding of economics, both in the Micro and Macro subfields, by the time they have come of age. I’d also be pretty in favor of the environment, but not to ridiculous levels of tree-hugging-ness.

I’ll come back to this one once I’ve got a better idea of how I’d handle things.

In actuality, I would rule a state using the Constitution of the USA and the Bill of Rights. Combine that with the morals provided in the Bible and you’ve got yourself a free, moral society that is unlikely to devolve into chaos any time soon. That would be the easiest kingdom to rule.

But my inner tyrant would follow the Machiavellian principles that every good dictator should follow :sunglasses:

Septimus Severus also gave good advice: enrich the soldiers and scorn all other men.

4 Likes

I’d visit.

1 Like

1: Called the Knight’s Den
2: You must have a 90-100% in Math to progress to the next Grade.
Other then that, Normal Canada

Wait, so the intelligence of the population is entirely derived from arithmetic? What about languages? Or reading? Or literally anything other than math?

1 Like

If your math is 90-100%, you go up a grade. So yes. :grimacing:

misread “run” as “ruin”
answer will not change

6 Likes

I want to be the ruler of a clan in Medieval Scotland. I’d get to wear a kilt and everything :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So, believe it or not, I have spent months planning out my personal society. It’s fairly complex and totally awesome. I should just make it a separate topic, but I won’t.

Name: Dreon
Government: True Republic
Basically, it’d be direct vote fron the citizens for the archon (It sounded cool). All laws that have a majority will pass unless vetoed by the archon, in which case they may be tried again but with a minimum 3/4’s majority. Archon gets to use the money gained from taxes n such to enforce the laws. There is also a reserve set aside for if the archon runs out of tax money (Which, likely he won’t because the constitution says there must be enough taxes to keep the country running. The constitution may be amended by a 4/5’s majority vote.).

The Judiciary system would be a series of courts like we have in the USA. However, juries are not randomly selected and are instead electoral-based. Basically, you run to serve on a jury. It is not required for all to run, but it is encouraged that all should try it once or twice.

All citizens must do a service for the military for two years. This means that no matter what your job is, you will divert an effort to help out the military. (Ex. If you’re an artist, make propaganda posters, if you’re a physician, research the effects of different steroids usable in combat, etc.) There is also a draft, but the use of a draft must be approved by a 3/4’s majority vote.

Education is knowledge based, not age based. (The system is actually kinda complex, but for the learning benefit of all, and it would take far too much time to actually explain enough to make one understand. Like I said, I should probably make a separate topic, but I won’t) so basically, you’re constantly challenged in all fields (Math, lit, science, history, etc). When you reach age 13 you get to choose what field you want to go into, and do rigorous studying up till you’re deemed ready through various tests. You can change this field as many times as necessary, however, if by the age of 25 you are not in a academy for your field, you will not be allowed to differentiate and must instead work as a janitor-type person doing whatever job is necessary.

Yeah.

I believe those are the bare-basics.

6 Likes

But your currency isn’t coconuts like mine is.

3 Likes

But, where are the barons, lords, and hairy barbarians? :frowning:

Being fed to the beasts in the Colosseum. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You monster! :frowning:

Correction

“You releaser of monsters”

FTFY

Well, Eljay would ban music and secret chats. XD

1 Like

Name: Squeaver Queen’s Kingdom.
Laws: Become Squeaver Queen’s slave or die.
Objective: Kill the Squeaver Resistance led by Squeaverking.

(I just imagined a bunch of Squeavers hiding in a box fort… My mind is a weird place.)

4 Likes

I’d sign-up for this. Resistance must be crushed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Eljay

I would like to understand your methods of government

Sorry, but this one worries me a little too much. Gonna err on the side of caution here. Again, sorry guys!

3 Likes