I'm dumb

Could not you say that Bionicle is just finishing a hiatus…

I don’t think they will do them both at the same time, I am just playing Devil’s advocate.

EDIT: Besides, the HF sets on the Lego website Shop page are ‘retiring soon’, so…

2 Likes

Lego usually pulls sets down after about a year… Although doing it right before Christmas is a bit strange…

And like I said before, it just doesn’t make sense to keep HF around. think about it, you’re trying to test a new product that’s similar to an already existing product (but it’s better) and you want to see if this new product is worth continuing. Would you keep the old product and risk faulty data AND have to compete with yourself? It’s much smarter and safer to pull the old product, if even for a year, and make sure your new product will sell. You can put that product back up later on, but you still have to compete with yourself on sales.

1 Like

Not most System sets. HF seems to be the only theme who’s sets get retired pretty quickly.

1 Like

.#BRINGBACKHEROFACTORY2016 !!! one !!!

5 Likes

Well, technically, they didn’t plan to bring Bionicle back when they ended.

1 Like

You never know. They said the reason they ended the series so abruptly was so that retailers wouldn’t think of BIONICLE as a failing line. They wanted the possibility to sell again. They were at least entertaining the idea of a return.

But you’re right, this doesn’t mean they were planning this all along.

2 Likes

The Moderators there have never been the most informed of Lego’s employees. I doubt they have any actual information on it.

4 Likes

Okay, never mind. There won’t be Lego HF sets next year. Don’t ask how I know that.

~Onya the landlord.~

1 Like

As a general rule sets are SUPPOSED to be for sale for three years but due to various reasons the only sets that seem to last this long are star wars UCS sets. (with the exception of the death star that lasted much longer) however a year is when they start advertising the next wave but stores recycle them after whatever duration they see fit. this also does not apply to sold out sets.

1 Like

actually, looking into this
Mods arent part of the core lego group
They know as much as we know
This twit is making stuff up

5 Likes

Pretty sure @pot8o is correct, though I’d suggest the best option would be quoting the Mod’s response and asking the question in the questions topic

Another possibility is that the Lego group don’t want to officially announce the end of Hero Factory until after Christmas so sales are not affected by the idea of the line ending.

4 Likes

Hero Factory’s going to die out either way. They were already rapidly killing it with the minifigure-sized heroes and bringing back BIONICLE is just the nail in the coffin. The fact that they’re simplifying the personalities of the Toa is just another sign that they’re trying to attract the HF crowd. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a BIONICLE TV show, honestly.

I wouldn’t say they’re simplifying the Toa’s personalities. Not at all. They at least have some sorta little quirks that distinguish them and make them more, for lack of better terms, human. Just because the quirks are a little silly, doesn’t mean their personalities are being simplified.

Back on topic, I’d have to agree with @Scarilian, to keep sales up, they’d want to announce the end after their biggest sale period.

1 Like

Oh and something I forgot the ‘Okoto highly suspect’ information provided also mentioned the cancellation of Hero Factory. As such given the lack of any sort of direct information its pretty certain that the line will be ending. Whether they may finish it with a few small sets in the Summer Wave that haven’t yet been announced or a movie to attempt to wrap up the plot holes is uncertain though, so there is a small possibility that the line may have some resolution during the later half of 2015.

4 Likes

That seems like a mistake on that mods part.

1 Like

My source (the original “Highly Suspect”) has informed me repeatedly that he’s seen nothing related to future HF… and he would’ve. Unless it’s taking a year break like Ninjago did?

4 Likes

That’s a matter of personal opinion. Not a hard reason to cancel the line.

1 Like

Could just be doing a Ninjago.

3 Likes

Could I suggest renaming this topic to something like “Is Hero Factory Really Cancelled?”

Just a thought.

2 Likes

For anyone wondering, I wont be posting here anymore. LEGO HR called me up complaining about my post and I quit.

7 Likes