Imperial Dropship Revamp

Intro:
The Imperial Dropship is a Storm Trooper battle pack from 2008:

As a kid I loved this set, and I still love the ideas behind the design, so I decided to revamp it.

MOC:

As you can see I had to use a slightly more boring colour scheme of gray.

Lots of grey.

Though I suppose this makes it look a little bit more like something the Empire would actually use.

The cockpit opens up and inside is a singular black chair and a control panel.

As you can see I’ve lost all my Imperial minifigs, so I’ll just be using the stuff I have laying around.

So Kai enlisted into an Imperial academy I guess.

The troop bay releases just like in the set.

You lift up the tail of the ship.

And it’s ready to fly away.

The troop bay fits 6 figures, 2 gunners, 2 standing, and 2 sitting. It also holds 1 crate/computer, though that space could be used to hold a 6th figure if you wanted.

I wanted to make the troop bay into a semi-permanent HQ. The basic idea is this is where the Storm trooper squadron would stay until they captured whatever rebel base they were invading. I also like to imagine multiple of these would be dropped of together at the same time.

Outro:
I’m pretty happy with this MOC. Imo I successfully captured the look and feel of the original while also giving it the upgrade it deserved.

41 Likes

Wow. This is awesome. The silhouette is fantastic, and I love how roomy you got it. I would prefer it kept maybe the brighter color scheme of the original, but as it is it fits into the Imperial ranks.

3 Likes

Looks pretty great! Looks pretty close to the original.

Where did they go?

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Some where deep in a Lego bin

1 Like

Nice! The original was my first Star Wars set.

1 Like

Now I have to rebuild that set, don’t I?

2 Likes

An excellent revamp of an old set. This brought back plenty of nostalgia.

1 Like