In Memory of Christopher Lee

So, Christopher Lee has recently passed away. For those who don’t know, he was Count Dooku, Saruman, and Dracula, and probably one of the better actors in the Star Wars Prequels. His contributions to the film industry are great in number, and aside from that, he was just an awesome guy, so it’s a real shame to see him go. I dedicate this topic, not just to mourning his death, but to celebrating his life, and all the things he did in it.

21 Likes

Requiescat In Pace Christopher Lee.
Your role as Count Dooku was the best.

3 Likes

he was a great actor, he was a big part of my childhood, this is depressing

4 Likes

He was not only a great actor, but a great narrator as well.

He shall be missed.

9 Likes

He was a pretty big part of mine too. I mean, I uses to watch Episode II in particular all the time as a child, and looking back, even if the Prequels weren’t the greatest, you’ve gotta admit, they had some pretty great actors to work with.

9 Likes

Rest in peace
You looked super cool as that saruman guy

4 Likes

This is like Leonord Nemoy all over again, except worse. :sob: He was a huge part of my childhood, and I will miss him very much. R.I.P. Christopher Lee, we will all miss you, a fighter of freedom in World War 2, and an actor who entertained millions.

7 Likes

I’ve barely scratched the surface when it comes to seeing his many achievements in film, but I look forward to seeing them and remembering his legacy.

6 Likes

Saruman was an amazing performance.

Not only did we lose a great actor, but one of the most amazing voices in cinema.

7 Likes

I’d go as far as to say he rivaled Morgan Freeman as a narrator.

3 Likes

NNNNOOOOOOO

My hopes and dreams!

I’ll miss him =(

4 Likes

My sentiments (almost) exactly (Nimoy was a little worse for me because I was expecting him to hang in there a bit longer, and am a huge fan of Spock). But in any case, may Sir Lee rest in peace.

This is kinda corny, and rather heartbreaking now that he’s passed on, but I think it’s appropriate:

6 Likes

R.I.P. Christopher Lee, you were a legend and an inspiration. :frowning:

6 Likes

I heard about this and I was like “Really? Noo… :sob:

He is now one with the Force. RIP

Here’s probably my favourite scene featuring Sir Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Yes, it’s from the '08 The Clone Wars movie. Yes, the animation and choreography is a bit rough. But I absolutely love the music in this scene. And Dooku’s manipulation of Anakin’s emotional vulnerabilites regarding his former home and Ahsoka is brilliant.

Now that I think about it, Dooku’s character had some fantastic moments and development during the TCW show. It’s too bad Sir Lee wasn’t bale to the voice work, though Corey Burton was a more then worthy protogé IMO.

8 Likes