Inago: Enduring Hopper

A Grasshopper-Man MOC that I’ve been building on and off for about a year. Finally got him finished.

31 Likes

Really good! The color scheme is perfect, as it not only is the same as that of a real grasshopper, but is also very reminiscent of the aliens from Galaxy Squad. The overall proportions remind me of the grasshoppers from A Bug’s Life by Pixar, too.

4 Likes

No one on this site would know it, but I kind of have an ongoing “obsession” with arthropods. As this is the case, I find this thing beautiful - from the segmented legs and body to the exoskeleton-esque body. The little ridges on his arms are an artistic touch, I quite like how the claws on the feet also curve inwards. Nice work!

5 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like him. The arm/leg spikes are inspired by Almr, Dark Sprite by rockmonster2000.

4 Likes

Nice use of hands

5 Likes

The tiny patterns really make this build; the face is incredible, the arm and leg “hairs” look really cool, and the general greebles make it look really insect-like.

6 Likes

Thanks! Choosing to work in Olive Green meant I had very few parts to work with, so most of him is built out of those Exo-Force robot arms, which made the small-scale patterns easier.

5 Likes

That head build is incredible. I love this!

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m very happy with it.

3 Likes

The shaping on that head is absolutely insane. I love the design overall. Is the build structurally stable?
Well done!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s about as structurally stable as one of my builds gets, which is to say ‘not enough to meet any of Lego’s internal requirements, but it won’t fall apart in your hands’ xD.

I’ve managed to make most of him quite well-connected. The only bits that might pop off if you’re not careful are the Exo Force fingers on his waist, and the chain of fingers forming the vestigial arms that reach around his torso.

3 Likes

Really brings out that grasshopper-ness! I’d recommend to extend the droid arm antennae, but other than that’s it’s solid.

3 Likes

That is a Gilahu-quality custom head, really cool.
The use of minifig hands for hair on the legs is neat too.

3 Likes

They’re meant to be hard spines rather than hair, but I’m glad you like it.

2 Likes