Irnakk Revamp

I decided to take a crack at re-making Irnakk, the rare 2006 piraka combiner model. I recently got my hands on the gold Irnakk parts through a friend, and decided to use them to make my own Irnakk, since I can’t use them for much else.

I wanted to lean a bit more into the “nightmare become real” aspect of him, so I got rid of his kinda goofy proportions and made them more balanced and predatory. It somewhat reminds me of an elite from halo reach, despite not having digitigrade legs.

I took the idea of the skulls on his zamor launcher and made them a bit more streamlined. I also tried to make the zamor launcher look a bit more powerful than a normal one considering its crazy abilities in the lore. It’s also got some funny little glow in the dark bohrok eyes on it.

His torso is pretty poseable, having those side-pistons free floating with a central ball joint.

I armored out his torso with some curious little stickered parts I found on bricklink a while ago. They fit pretty well. From some angles, you can see the lime green core under the rahkshi head armor in his chest.

If you didn’t notice, thats a jaw piece from hero factory invasion from below that makes up his loincloth thing.

Pretty happy with how the colors got mixed up. A lot more black and dark blue and a lot less of everything else. Maybe it makes him a bit more bland, but I’m really glad I got to use those Hahli Inika pieces. One of my favorite marbled color combos they ever made. I started out with the idea that he would have a gradient from his feet to head of white to blue to black to gold, and that pretty much worked out.

All in all, this guy kind of ended up feeling like building another 2006 titan, so mission accomplished, I suppose. My building style also lends itself well to this era, I think.

Let me know what you think!

13 Likes

You definitely cleaned up the design a lot, so that’s cool. I like the small accents of green sprinkled throughout too.

3 Likes

I believe some of those came from the Technic C3P0 set. One of the ones on the chestplate made up the droids charging port. They look great here!

2 Likes

I like how you made the skulls on his weapon actually look intimidating instead of how the original just reminded of the head-mace thing on the 2001 Akamai

3 Likes