"Iron Maiden": Bionicle art book inspired Skull Villain

No problem :stuck_out_tongue:

As a side note, any plans to try replicating the other potential villains?

1 Like

Besides some aspects of the lower legs, you really nailed every detail of the concept. Good job!

1 Like

Whereā€™s the severed in half Pohatu?

1 Like

This is metal as heck.

Like it a lot :b

2 Likes

I spent last night building my own version, and I completely agree, the wraparound pieces are way off.
However, In fiddling, I found that the piece which best suits it is the large, ā€˜5ā€™ wide shell.

In addition, I managed to mount the shoulder pieces, and use upper arm bone pieces. However, I havenā€™t figured out the weapons properly.

1 Like

This is an amazing replication of the character seen in the book

1 Like

Iā€™ve uploaded new high quality pictures of the MOC, make sure to check them out.

@MaximusPrime sorry, I didnā€™t have time today to make instructions, but donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll make them soon.

@Yveran thanks for the feedback! I didnā€™t use that armor piece on the legs because it looked too bulky.

@Ekorak thanks for the tips.

As I mentioned before, the SW leg armor is far too big for the MOC.

Since you mentioned it, Iā€™ve just uploaded some new pictures, including one with him slicing Pohatu in half :stuck_out_tongue:.

@Scarilian

I donā€™t know. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have time to do them, unfortunately.

@Stoax thank you!

@Raymondmay11

Iā€™ve just uploaded a picture with him slicing Pohatu.

@Kan thanks!

@Doremarpool

Yep, itā€™s the shell I used too.

@Calebmar12 Thanks!

3 Likes

Yo, those new shots you put up are lit, definitely the best rendition of this dude out there, donā€™t think anyoneā€™s gonna top this

2 Likes

Love the action poses, especially shooting off the studs and slicing Pohatu.

Really could have been an intimidating threat for the Toa. Guess he was probably dropped from the group because of his overwhelming focus on weaponry.

Ah, sorry to hear that, but still - this is epic! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean this piece:

It gives the front and rear of his legs amour as well.

1 Like

All charged up and ready to kill Pohatu.

The sideways blades seem odd, though. And I do wonder if the SWC wrap shell was initially going to come in multiple sizes, like the regular shell?

2 Likes

@Jayfa thanks! Iā€™m very proud of those pictures too.

@Scarilian [quote=ā€œScarilian, post:29, topic:32159ā€]
Really could have been an intimidating threat for the Toa. Guess he was probably dropped from the group because of his overwhelming focus on weaponry.
[/quote]

Yeah, I donā€™t know why they dropped it either. Maybe because it didnā€™t use the bone pieces, and so it didnā€™t fit with the theme?

Thanks! I love them too.

@Doremarpool oh, ok, that piece. Still, I think the standard shell is a bit more accurate (and I donā€™t have two of them in black anyway, soā€¦)

@Rac first of all, thank you!

Trust me, in the correct position they look even odder :wink:. The geometry of that piece doesnā€™t allow to attach it the right way, and very close to the stud shooter at the same time.

1 Like

Love the rib cage! Real creative!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh,

MORE RIBCAGE

1 Like

Maybe itā€™d be better to use the 2016 crystal blade, then. I think the black ones from lava beast would look really good.

Having properly looked at my own version, while I think the wraparound shell is more accurate, I must agree that unless they were to make a smaller version, the regular shell is indeed the most accurate version.

1 Like

I tried them, and it does look pretty nice. However I still think the EV3 blades are a bit more accurate to the concept art.

1 Like