Is going from Earth/Stone Toa to Earth/Stone and Lightning Toa possible?

Going back to the comics on the Voya Nui saga, there was Toa Jaller who with his Great Kanohi Calix and his Energized Flame Sword, was able to control Fire and partially electricity to create Electrical-fire, this using two elements at the same time but one is a Elemental power, whereas the other is not. If that is the case for Jaller, would that be possible if both an Earth Toa or a Stone Toa could use electricity? If you are wondering why I brought up Earth and Stone Toa, it is because there are piezoelectric crystals which are stones that can emit electricity, such as Quartzes, Tourmaline-like minerals, Topazes, etc. Crystals can emit electricity through pressure. If you think it is possible or impossible, leave a statement to support/contradict this in the comments.

3 Likes

The rest of the Toa Inika, including Hewkii and Nuparu, also had lightning powers, so yes it is possible

5 Likes

That sounds absolutely terrifying, if you have iron ore in either Nuparu or Hewkii’s elements.

2 Likes

Iron ore in Nuparu’s element :anguished:

2 Likes

In addition to this; anything they created with their elemental powers contained electricity; they could not “turn it off” or control electricity independently. It was also not really tied to their weapons.

4 Likes

Keep in mind this was because of the rather dubious powers of the red star, which really shocked them when it gave them lightning powers for no discernable reason.

5 Likes

Wait so is it really possible if there is a Stone/Earth Toa that uses electricity via piezoelectric crystals? I mean this could be beneficial as the crystals could be used to powering up devices.

2 Likes

Wait a minute, hold the phone. Are you telling me the Red Star, the celestial object in the Solis Magna System that is run by the Kestora, is the reason for the Inika for their lightning powers? If what you are saying is true @Ghid , explain to me how this happened in the first place between the Red Star and the Toa Inika. And also why did this happen?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is what they had in mind but I suppose it’s a possibility

Yep! A lightning bolt from the Red Star is what transformed the six matoran into toa, and is what gave them their lightning powers

The Red Star is a space station meant to monitor the Great Spirit Robot and it’s inhabitants. One of it’s abilities is to turn Matoran on the surface of the planet into toa if there are no other active toa on the surface. So since the Toa Nuva were captured at the time, the Red Star turned Jaller and his companions into the Toa Inika.

4 Likes

Wait you said that the Red Star was meant to monitor the Great Spirit Robot right? You said that if the Toa Nuva were missing in action, such as being captured, the Red Star would take action to turn the Matoran into new Toa right? Was it the Kestora’s doing, or was it a protocol initiated through an algorithm in the Red Star that performed the action?

4 Likes

I believe that would just be a protocol, most of the Star’s functions were malfunctioning beyond the Kestora’s control at the time, so it wouldn’t surprise me it kinda just… did it.

5 Likes