Is it possible to revert a Toa to Matoran?

Is it physically possible for any member of the Matoran-Toa-Turaga cycle to be reverted to a previous form?

2 Likes

This is an interesting question, I hope he replies soon.

No.

Alright, so it turns out there’s contradicting answers:

I think this is where the “first answer is canon” rule applies, in which case it’s impossible, but I’m not sure.

It’s worth noting, though, that he has confirmed elsewhere that the Ignika can turn Turaga back into Toa, so Toa to Matoran wouldn’t be that far-fetched:

Welp. That settles that then lol. I shant go against his wishes lest I incur his canonical wrath.

So the Ignika is the only canonical way to turn a Toa back to a Matoran?

It’s the only thing that can maybe do it.

Greg’s first answer (or at least the first that I could find) says that it is impossible, and the first answer should usually be taken as canon unless he specifically addresses the contradiction. However, it should also be noted that that answer was given in 2006, so the extent of the Ignika’s power likely was not fully fleshed out behind the scenes yet.

Additionally, he has confirmed, with no other contradictions (that I could find), that the Ignika can turn a Turaga back into a Toa, which supports the theory that it could also turn a Toa into a Matoran.

Finally, we also know from the actual story that it can turn a Toa Nuva into a Toa, so the idea of the Ignika downgrading someone has footing beyond just Greg Quotes.

It couldn’t turn the Toa Mata into Matoran, though, since it can only turn them into what they once were.

4 Likes

Hmm, good point. That is probably what he intended.

1 Like

Well, we do know that Ignika could do it.

1 Like

If Ignika can transform toa into matoran, why it wouldn’t work with toa that wasn’t matoran before? Ignika even did transform matoran into something that has no relation to matoran species (Dekar into Hydraxon)

1 Like

story wise, it would actually been really be pretty cool to see a turaga (but not one of the main ones) longing and desperate to be a toa again, maybe so much that he was hunting the inika himself as a rogue

â– â– â– â–  it, i almost want to OC someone liek that now lol

1 Like

Yeah, I was moreso asking for the reversion of a Toa into a Matoran for a potential Fanfic plot device but your example is absolutely interesting.

1 Like

both are equally viable story plots

I’ve always thought it would be cool to see Vakama become a Toa again to get the Vahi back from Voporak.

4 Likes