Is Journey to One worth a watch?

I have attempted to watch it once before but got bored as well as not liking the characters new personalitys. Should I try again, Or just use my time elsewher?

2 Likes

Personally I think the old 2015 animations have more value, but JTO isn’t the worst thing either. There were some parts I definitely liked. Though it’s also been a while since I’ve seen it.

2 Likes

lol no

actually, yes, I like JtO for the style. Just put it on mute so the dialogue doesn’t ruin it. You could come up with something better in your head.

11 Likes

I’m assuming the mute part is a joke because that would be pointless to me.

1 Like

I’m actually serious

just put on some Nathan Furst and enjoy the pretty colors

7 Likes

I wonder if we could crowdsource a JTO sub playlist using old school bionicle music…

@Political_Slime, any thoughts on this topic? I recall you having some takes at Brickfair

3 Likes

Political underscore Slime’s only take was taking my chicken foot at Brickfair

That said, it could make for a fun project I imagine. Probably a quick render too making an MP3 of all the tracks to go along with JtO

2 Likes

Journey to One is unironically one of the worst things I have ever watched. I dislike the writing, I dislike the animation, I dislike the voice acting. There is not any form of media that I would recommend against watching more. If I could remove it from Netflix I would.

9 Likes

I think it’s fun. It may be rushed and all but I, personally, enjoyed it as it was a proper 3D animation series for Bionicle G2 and gave us some interesting worldbuilding with Makuta and Umarak.

In short, I think you should try to give it a go (maybe the whole way through if you want to), @Krelikan.

2 Likes

As others have said, give it a try if you want to. Personally, I watched the first half when it came out and then I just never got around to the second half once G2 had been cancelled and I’m not sure if I want to, given other people’s reactions to it

3 Likes

I personally think it’s fine overall. The ending is what ruined it.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. Even though it’s rushed and kinda bad, I think it still has some sequences worth watching. You should also watch it so that you could at least know what it is. C’mon, every Bionicle fan must watch it, even if it’s bad or not.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it unless you feel like you want to see all BIONICLE content you can.

3 Likes

No, it’s genuinely terrible and one of the worst things I’ve ever watched. At least the last 2 episodes.

2 Likes

Shoot me if you want, but I liked it. You’ve just got to remember that this isn’t G1, and their personalities are different. I’ll admit that the last two episodes were not as good as the first few, but overall it wasn’t that bad.

4 Likes

If you have Netflix already, I say do it. The first two episodes were good, and the next 1.5 episodes were almost on par. The only part I have a problem with is the rushed ending that seemed to put a whole season into 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Actually you can find them on youtube

5 Likes

Completely worth it for the animation alone, for me. Honestly, there’s little harm in doing so. You could watch worse things.

3 Likes

If I may provide an example of such stuff?

Nope.

1 Like