Jaller, Captain of the Deep Seas

Dude this is pretty legit. I love everything about it.

Djokson pointed out to me on discord the the torso was probably a bit too high and that taking out one section of the abdomen would probably look better, so that’s probably what’s a little off. As far as it looking too human, that’s a preference thing.

‘Looks more like a spider than a crab’.
Spiders and crabs are already pretty similar looking. If anything this is a little off being a spider or a crab since it only has six legs.

3 Likes

The crab is really nice. It’s different from the original cute crab with the cannon on it’s back that was present in the original set. Jaller’s change towards a pirate motif is also charming. To me he feels a little too stiff. He doesn’t seem like he could pull off a dynamic action pose, but if that wasn’t your intention, that’s fine.

I miss the blaster on the crab…

But… there are pics of him in dynamic poses.

Granted he doesn’t have a great range of motion and I tend not to focus on my mocs being an action figure as you said.

2 Likes

THE PRECIOUS

I had to try so hard not to explode from laughter

Very Nice revamp

Some very impressive piecework here. Particularly that torso, I just love the layering you’ve got.

Many months late here, but I just wanted to let you know that I think this is awesome. I was a big fan of your Hahli MOC (and your Tahnok Va revamp, for that matter), and Jaller here is just as cool, if not more so. Love the pirate aesthetic, and the beefed-up Hahnah may be my favorite aspect. All around neat!

Looking forward to more from you, as always.