Jaller, Captain of the Deep Seas

Imgur

Made for the 2017 Bio-cup.

The theme was revamping a set so it was a good excuse to make another Mahri revamp to go with my Hahli.

You might notice that the upper leg design is very similar to Hahli’s which was intentional right from the start, I tried to keep a lot of design aspects from my Hahli moc to make it look like they could be part of a Toa team.

I’m not sure why I though making Jaller a pirate captain-esque figure but the more I though about it the more it made sense; underwater theme, head of the toa team, looking for a mystical gold treasure. Makes sense I guess.

Yarrr, I believe that be treasure belongs to me!
(im so sorry)

PRECIOUSSS!!!

101 Likes

I just realised that he has golden teeth, noice

1 Like

i love the crab soooo much

2 Likes

Carry your own #### Cordak Blaster!
But seriously, crab, what has he been feeding you? Pieces from the Lord of Skull Spiders?

2 Likes

Jaller looks a bit thin and the crab has, to me at least, lost much of the adorable quality that the original had. The texture work on Jaller’s body in particular is wonderful, though, and I like the incorporation of little details like the crab’s gold tooth. Pretty good in all.

I can’t decide which one is more awesome, Jaller or the crab. Like, wow.

This is a complete new and unique imagination of a Toa Mahri. I really like it. Where is the Kordac Blaster?

I can’t tell you how much I love that waist tho

when was the 2017 bio cup? to my knowledge they haven’t happened since 2013?!

It’s on right now, first round is eliminatories. Flickr: The 2017 Bio-Cup Pool
You can still enter but there’s only a day or two left.

1 Like

thankyou i will is there any catagory

Read through the group page and threads it’ll tell you everything you need to know.

1 Like

thanks

I love this! Being someone who is not exactly a big fan of the Mahri as sets, I totally love your revamps. And I love the pirate captain idea. This is an awesome MOC, I would love to see your take on Mahri Hewkii (who I especially despise).

1 Like

Fifteen Toa on the deadman’s chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of madu fruit juice!

2 Likes

That crab looks like it’s in an eternal state of screaming and I love it.

1 Like

I really like the crab and the figure. The color schemes are perfectly blended.

that’s sad.

Thar seems t’be no sign o life. Arr Jim lad

I love the build for Jaller, but it’s just something about the frame and color blocking that bothers me, I think it’s too human and not bionicle enough, not entirely sure but thats a problem on my side not the moc.

I LOVE the crab though, the eyes, the teeth, the legs, I love it all.
though now that i look at it it looks more like a spider than a crab