JANG's BIONICLE G2 Reviews

The handle on the back gives me 2001 vibes

Actually, ignoring the fact that it is built rom ccbs, it all does.

5 Likes

JANG makes the best LEGO reviews on Youtube. Period. The amount of resources he has is incredible, and his reviews always have such high quality these days. And his job gets him so much money that its crazy. JANG is definately one of the best Youtubers.

1 Like

UPDATE: I just added a link to the JANG’s Gen2 Review playlist to the original post. I recommend keeping an eye on that if (for some unfathomable reason) you don’t feel like subscribing to him on YouTube.

In case you missed it, JANG has finished all his G2 reviews and has started making overview videos:

5 Likes

JANGBRiCKS has recently published an in depth comparison of BIONICLE Toa figures over the years - including G2. I think it merits at least some discussion.

6 Likes

Still a really cool video.

Dunno. I could move it if a mod asks. I just thought some of the opinions and facts shared in the video could be discussed.

1 Like

It would only really belong there if Jang himself had posted it. Although I think there is a dedicated topic for Jang’s reviews.

Would’ve been nice to see him include the green baddies as well, but this was a great comparison video.

2 Likes

Yup, and I made that too. I just thought this was different enough to merit it’s own topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed he didn’t talk about Toa Mahri, didn’t even mention it.

Very true. But most of the Mahri’s aspects were covered in his segment on the Inika and Phantoka.

1 Like

Hmmm ok, but personally maybe if he had said something like he did for the Hordika it would have been ok too.

1 Like

Good point. My guess is that he just didn’t have a complete Kongu Mahri figure on hand.

That could be true,but (don’t want to sound like a broken record)

Over all it was a good comparison between the Toa kinda noticed how on Lewa Phantoka the shoulder hooks look similar to the new Lewa’s shoulder “hooks” for lack of better word.

1 Like

Neat catch! Lewa Okoto definitely borrows from all of his previous incarnations.

2 Likes

Especially that Mata style head movement.

9 Likes

Shots fired

9 Likes

Gamma Okota Lewa looks like a natural progression of the previous versions of the toa.

2 Likes

Of the Toa there, in my opinion, the best has to be a tie between Metru Matau and the new Lewa. They both have there flaws, but they are both very good.

As for the ‘lack of complexity’ thing, for me, it isn’t the models themselves, but rather the pieces that make them. Although CCBS has a definite streamline, smooth feel, I still prefer the old grungy-mechanical detailed pieces.

5 Likes

Just watched the comparison video, It was really interesting. the 2006 build is still my personal favorite :smile: I really like the new sets but I’m hoping that we get some new, more robotic texture looking shell pieces oh and some new feet designs too :stuck_out_tongue: