JANG's BIONICLE G2 Reviews

Still a really cool video.

Dunno. I could move it if a mod asks. I just thought some of the opinions and facts shared in the video could be discussed.

1 Like

It would only really belong there if Jang himself had posted it. Although I think there is a dedicated topic for Jang’s reviews.

Would’ve been nice to see him include the green baddies as well, but this was a great comparison video.

2 Likes

Yup, and I made that too. I just thought this was different enough to merit it’s own topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed he didn’t talk about Toa Mahri, didn’t even mention it.

Very true. But most of the Mahri’s aspects were covered in his segment on the Inika and Phantoka.

1 Like

Hmmm ok, but personally maybe if he had said something like he did for the Hordika it would have been ok too.

1 Like

Good point. My guess is that he just didn’t have a complete Kongu Mahri figure on hand.

That could be true,but (don’t want to sound like a broken record)

Over all it was a good comparison between the Toa kinda noticed how on Lewa Phantoka the shoulder hooks look similar to the new Lewa’s shoulder “hooks” for lack of better word.

1 Like

Neat catch! Lewa Okoto definitely borrows from all of his previous incarnations.

2 Likes

Especially that Mata style head movement.

9 Likes

Shots fired

9 Likes

Gamma Okota Lewa looks like a natural progression of the previous versions of the toa.

2 Likes

Of the Toa there, in my opinion, the best has to be a tie between Metru Matau and the new Lewa. They both have there flaws, but they are both very good.

As for the ‘lack of complexity’ thing, for me, it isn’t the models themselves, but rather the pieces that make them. Although CCBS has a definite streamline, smooth feel, I still prefer the old grungy-mechanical detailed pieces.

5 Likes

Just watched the comparison video, It was really interesting. the 2006 build is still my personal favorite :smile: I really like the new sets but I’m hoping that we get some new, more robotic texture looking shell pieces oh and some new feet designs too :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like Jang might be going back to Bionicle maybe?

This opened my eyes to how much the toa mata and toa nuva sucked.

3 Likes

I think JANG does a fantastic job of showing off the sets, the bits he likes and doesn’t like, and the interesting parts. I believe people don’t come to his channel for his personality, more so for the content and high production level. This also doesn’t apply to simply the Bionicle reviews, but all the set reviews he puts out. He started out doing Hero Factory reviews, but has exponentially grown and has the funds to basically review every LEGO set that comes out a season.

For people like Eljay and myself, you come for the personality, jokes, and constructive aspect of the set. Even the NYCC versions that Var reviewed had some personality. What JANG does is equate a pictorial review in a video format. It is clear, concise, and has very little commentary from the reviewer. In an age where people consume video content faster than the rate people watch television or read an article, it’s no surprise why he has risen so fast in the past 4-5 years.

They are not bad reviews, no one makes a bad review, or one so horrible to have someone say “your opinion doesn’t matter!” You want comedy, piece breakdowns, opinions, there are a handful of reviewers who specialize in that. Diversity helps make a community thrive in opinions and presentation.

6 Likes

Totally agree, athough Jang compared the amount of pieces that were used for each set.
Number of pieces ≠ Complexity IMO.
The old Bionicle pieces were easily more customizable with pin holes and axles from all directions. CCBS is more limiting, though you can still create awesome stuff with it.