[joshdem] BIONICLE Upscale Series: The Toa Nuva

" Once we were Toa — but now we are far, far more. Now and forevermore, we are — Toa Nuva! "
— Toa Tahu Nuva, Beware the Bohrok

The Toa Nuva

Toa Tahu Nuva

Comparison between Toa Tahu and Toa Tahu Nuva

Toa Pohatu Nuva

Comparison between Toa Pohatu and Toa Pohatu Nuva

Toa Gali Nuva

Comparison between Toa Gali and Toa Gali Nuva

Toa Onua Nuva

Comparison between Toa Onua and Toa Onua Nuva

Toa Kopaka Nuva

Comparison between Toa Kopaka and Toa Kopaka Nuva

"We will not be broken."- (Toa Nuva at the Kini-Nui, Mask of Light, 2003, Colorized.)

Jodem with the Toa Nuva (when your custom character appears in the game’s cutscene, canon?)

Jodem with the Toa Mata bc why not, canon?

sneak peek of monday’s post

31 Likes

Very nicely built. Onua’s lack of hunch is a bit off-putting, though.

2 Likes

Ooh these are cool.

1 Like

Onua Nuva having a proper neck is horrible

No

4 Likes

your mocs all seem to be very good so far, and these are no exception. i can’t wait to see more from you!
frankly, if you could get a better picture setup and camera, you could get up there with the big boys real quick!

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I chose to not incorporate the hunch so that he would more resemble the movie depiction and have a heart light, as well as better fall in line with my vision for the team. If it’s any consolation, the Mata version still has the hunch incorporated lol

2 Likes

Man, I love seeing well-done upscales of the Nuva.
Great work, man! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! While I do like the Mata better as sets, I definitely have greater nostalgia for the Nuva since they were my first introduction into Bionicle. I also find them to be more compelling characters, and I like how the Nuva Kanohi make them more unique figures in the Matoran universe. The Mata are definitely more of a fan-favorite to revamp, so I really took it as a challenge to be one of the first to make upscaled, set-accurate Nuva.

3 Likes