[joshdem] Toa Tuyet: The Benevolent, The Liberator, The Hero

Did you ever think we could do more good if we stopped worrying so much about who might get hurt in the process?
— Tuyet to Lhikan, The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet
Hey y’all, I originally built Toa Tuyet in late January / early February in anticipation for the TTV Canon Contests, now entering her proper into the Duckbricks Fanon Contest!
Toa Tuyet: The Benevolent, The Liberator, The Hero

“Bow to your Queen.”

“The Barbed Broadsword will pierce anything”

“A sword this sharp has fallen hordes of enemies.”

Neutral Pose.

Offensive Pose.

No Weapons (Front View)

No Weapons (Side View)

No Weapons (Back View)

“An Ancient Weapon.”

“The Nui Stone!”

“Order will be restored to this world.”

“The power of 300 Toa, in the palm of my hand.”
Creator’s Notes:
When designing Tuyet, I wanted her design to evoke more of the ‘hero’ she represented as a member of the Toa Mangai, rather than the ‘evil’ Toa Empire design mocs have typically utilized throughout the years. I therefore stayed away from using dark ‘evil’ colors for her armor; I also stayed away from metallic armor colors to distinguish her from design of the Toa Hagah.
I ended up going for Mata Blue, Metru Blue, and Light Bluish Grey Highlights for her color scheme to evoke a heroic image. The Mata Blue is meant to represent ‘Sapphire’ in relation to Nidhiki’s ‘Emerald’ armor. This ‘Sapphire’ armor is placed at the shoulders, chest, thighs, and Kanohi to mirror Toa Lhikan. The Light Bluish Grey highlights are also meant to mirror Toa Lhikan’s black highlights.
Despite her ‘heroic’ appearance, Tuyet actually utilizes numerous ‘villainous’ parts from throughout Bionicle G1’s tenure:

'01: TECHNIC piece used throughout Rahi e.g. Nui-Jaga (bit of a stretch)
'02: Bohrok Shield
'03: Rahkshi Head
'04: Vahki Waist
'05: Visorak Eye (Massive stretch / flat out lie)
'06: Piraka Thigh Armor
'07: Barraki Carapar Armor
'08: Makuta Krika’s Kanohi Crast

Tuyet also has a total of 14 points of articulation.
Honestly really happy with how my Tuyet came out. I did have some struggle in early January when I was first building her, but I was able to come up with a design worthy of one of BIONICLE G1’s final villains.
Kanohi Mask of Intangibility is of course by the talented @MaskMaker (KhingK):

Instagram Version of this post: @joshbonks on Instagram: "Toa Tuyet: The Benevolent, The Liberator, The Hero "Bow to your Queen" Hey y’all, I originally built Toa Tuyet in late January / early February in anticipation for the TTV Canon Contests, now entering her proper into the @duck_bricks Fanon Contest! Creator’s Notes: When designing Tuyet, I wanted her design to evoke more of the ‘hero’ she represented as a member of the Toa Mangai, rather than the ‘evil’ Toa Empire design mocs have typically utilized throughout the years. I therefore stayed away from using dark ‘evil’ colors for her armor; I also stayed away from metallic armor colors to distinguish her from design of the Toa Hagah. . I ended up going for Mata Blue, Metru Blue, and Light Bluish Grey Highlights for her color scheme to evoke a heroic image. The Mata Blue is meant to represent ‘Sapphire’ in relation to Nidhiki’s ‘Emerald’ armor. This ‘Sapphire’ armor is placed at the shoulders, chest, thighs, and Kanohi to mirror Toa Lhikan. The Light Bluish Grey highlights are also meant to mirror Toa Lhikan’s black highlights. . Despite her ‘heroic’ appearance, Tuyet actually utilizes numerous ‘villainous’ parts from throughout Bionicle G1’s tenure. Honestly really happy with how my Tuyet came out. I did have some struggle in early January when I was first building her, but I was able to come up with a design worthy of one of BIONICLE G1’s final villains. . Kanohi Mask of Intangibility is of course by the talented KhingK. #toa #tuyet #toatuyet #lego #bionicle #biogram #bioniclephotography #legobionicle #bioniclelego #biovival #afol #afolclub #bionicleuniverse #bioniclemoc #legobioniclemoc #bionicle2022 #14b2020 #kanohi #bioniclecollection #bioniclememes"

32 Likes

Heh. I like that first picture

This moc has a really neat sword design and a refreshing color scheme; good luck!

3 Likes

Did Tuyet write the topic title?

8 Likes

Yes.

All jokes aside, what makes Tuyet a fascinating villain is that she doesn’t view herself or her as actions as evil; she truly believes that her selfish quest for power is for the greater good of the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe.

So I built my Toa Tuyet with a ‘heroic’ design in mind rather than the more popular ‘evil’ or Toa Empire design, hence the title lol

6 Likes

I’ve never seen that used as a Barbed Broadsword before.

1 Like

Ah this looks quite good. The mata blue use is great, and the use of the krika mask for the sword is awesome.

2 Likes

actually you saw it on my Tuyet a few days ago

2 Likes

wow, this tuyet is absolutely fascinating!
I really LOVE that blue color!

2 Likes

C’mon no props to me for the Krika head sword

1 Like

The technic heavy aesthetic is pleasing

1 Like

well um
i wasn’t paying attention

1 Like

well yours was used in a different way, as you also used the jaller mahri blade. This one just uses the mask as the sword itself.

2 Likes

I really like this Tuyet. My favourite part is definitely the colour scheme, and that it is heavily, heavily blue. The build itself also looks really solid, and the mask is my favourite Mask of Intangibility model.

The one thing I would change (although it’s a bit late for that now) would be the light gray. I like the idea of the light gray as a tertiary/highlight colour, I just think there needs to be a bit more of it. Even changing just one or two of the pieces on her chest to light gray would really help balance it.

Finally, I like the simplicity of the Nui Stone.

1 Like

might be one of my favorite Tuyet’s so far

1 Like

Very menacing look :+1:

1 Like

This is an amazing Tuyet!

1 Like

Hi! Hope you are doing well!

Just wanted to contact you regarding your submission for the DuckBricks fanon contest - unfortunately, we also need breakdown photos for the entry to be accepted into the contest.

If it would be possible to upload those sometime within the next few days (before May 16) that would be fantastic. Otherwise, unfortunately the entry would be disqualified due to a lack of these photos. Thank you so much for understanding and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any more questions!

@Enbeanie @Rukah
Really wanted to give Tuyet a unique weapon that no other character had just as was the case with Toa Lhikan and the Fire Greatswords. Realized I could use the Kanohi Krast as barbed, curved sword and I was sold.

@TheJerminator
Glad that the color scheme I chose is being appreciated! To tell you the truth, I actually had a Light Bluish Grey and Metru Blue color scheme when I first started building Tuyet in Late December / Early January. I realized the Mata Blue as ‘Sapphire’ would be a better match for the main armor to compliment Nidhiki’s ‘Emerald’, as well as give her a heroic look. In addition, the light bluish grey didn’t work so well as armor and didn’t look the most appealing or eye-catchy; it works better as the highlight color much like Toa Lhikan’s black highlights- Lhikan only has one more additional black highlight with the metru waist piece.
And for the Nui Stone, I wanted to make one that was canon-accurate yet 100% LEGO. Its also a bonus that it’s able to attach to hand piece.

2 Likes

Sounds good. :wink:

1 Like