Jurassic World

Well there was that video game where… no, you’re right they died

1 Like

There was also some Human DNA in the I Rex, as confirmed via interviews.

1 Like

Really? How perturbing.

How the heck does that work? It’s even more confusing then Dino+Frog DNA. Especially since they can develop either gender

I was wondering that too…

I mean like…

HUH?

I think we can all agree that Indominous was a terrible plot point but an awesome dinosaur.

but not as cool as Compy

Not really…

2 Likes

I loved Her.

3 Likes

Personally I enjoyed Indominus, I just felt they could have incorporated her special traits a little more. (The long arms would have been great for climbing and grabbing objects, and the camouflage should have been used some more).

2 Likes

Yep. but eh, they had time constraints.

Just saw it.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

It was alright.

1 Like

…That…was…the…understatement…of…all…time…

1 Like

This movie tried too hard to do too much.

In addition to dinos, you’ve got a love sideplot, kids thrown in, and one random scene where the younger kid is talking about their parents’ divorce that has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. Plus there’s a darker sideplot with the “bad guys”, that just screams “we hope to make another movie”.

That said, though, I liked it for what it was: action, adventure, and raptors.

1 Like

It’s basically a B movie, but it’s a fun one.

Besides, you got to admit, the climax was the best part.

1 Like

I saw Jurassic World rather recently (about a week ago). Here’s a bit of an amateur review I did on it, so there are some spoilers.

Off all the Jurassic Park films (even though I’ve only seen the original and this one), this one is second best to the original. The action was intense and there was a lot of creative usage of the dinosaurs when they attacked the park, particularly the scene with the Pterosaurs where they go crazy with picking the humans up, tossing them around, even having them being eaten by that Pliosaur. The final fight scene was another highlight of this movie that made it more the worth seeing because, well, ITS A TREX FIGHTING ANOTHER GIANT DINOSAUR! HOW COOL IS THAT?!. Another thing I loved about this film is that the park looked visually astounding, what with the amount of detail put into it that makes it look like an actual theme park one could visit. I also though the acting was great, particularly Chris Pratt’s performance. Perhaps the last thing I really loved about this movie was the social commentary with how smart phones are keeping peoples interest away from the physical world, and its because of this that the park is loosing viewers, making for a very interesting setup. I guess the areas which really prevent it from being a great movie were that their wasn’t a solid chemistry between Owen and Claire, as the two never really share any strong interactions with one another to flesh out their relationship. Though the next flaw that really hurt this movie, also mentioned by Nostalgia Critic, is that the build up to Indominus Rex was so anti climatic what with how generic it turned out to be, just a raptor on steroids. To think of the possibilities they had when designing such a creature, only to just rehash.

3 Likes

This had become one of my all time favorite films. I watched it twice in one day and still got goose bumps the second time. I watched the first 3 so many times as a kid I lost count. I watched the films all because my mom had to have a foot surgery type thing and couldn’t walk when I was 4. So I would get movies and watch them with her. The first 3 left a huge imprint on me and made me wait for another film and finally it arrived. It was just amazing and I personally think it was just right as a comeback to the series.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it
for as flawed as it was

Also the ending

THAT WAS AMAZING

2 Likes

I think everyone can agree on that.

3 Likes

i rex, more like i rekt

some would say he was tyrannasaurous rekt

9 Likes

Kinda overrated, its just an okay film, nothing special.

1 Like