Jurrasic World Dominion

I don’t know much about dinosaurs but they’re pretty cool and the previous entries to the Jurrasic Park and World franchise are interesting. The new trailer has me hyped only because I instantly recognised the plane in the trailer as a C-119 and it had my mind in overdrive about making a diorama…

anyways discuss if yah want to.

5 Likes

Once again we’ll get to see companies capitalizing on nostalgia and the success of the past.

2 Likes

Of course, of course.

1 Like

Dinos on the mainland was the logical follow-up for Jurassic Park (1994) Ian Malcolm v. dog-eating T-Rex doesn’t count and I’ve been waiting literally 100% of my life span to see it. I mean, Lost World and JP3 were just capitalizing on the momentum of the first one, Jurassic World was just to remind everyone that this franchise never got resolved, and Fallen Kingdom only existed to usher this next one in. Still liked em all but it was ultimately a four-film transition piece

Also “Dinos on the Mainland” is a great name for a C-list indie-pop band that only plays small stages at a local music festival

2 Likes

I didn’t really like the last one. And the new one doesn’t look that promising, to me at least. Lots of fan service. but the fact that Lewis Dodgson is supposed to return intrigues me.

1 Like

I wonder how any of us felt about this movie after it came out lol

I liked it. Much better than previous installments. Although that scene wherein Alan Grant is giving a passionate speech about archaeology seems like it was cut a little too short. Weird edit.

1 Like

Finally got to see it. Wow, this is definitely a movie. This is an action film mainly, barely related to the Jurassic Park franchise. There are so many things that really want to test your ability to suspend your disbelief, and I don’t mean the dinosaurs being alive in the current day thing. And now I can definitely say that I don’t think that of any of the World main characters are authentic or sympathetic. My biggest problem with the film was Owen. The things he do are ridiculously over the top and half of the time they shouldn’t even work, like obviously shouldn’t work. The guy can survive attacks of, capture, tame and train an entire movie worth of dinosaurs with just using a single hand, despite it was established that you would need to condition the dinosaurs for most of the things Owen does in Dominion.
I didn’t have a lot of expectations for the movie and yet I was still disappointed. For me the worst movie of the Jurassic series. My ranking: 1,2,4,3,5,6.

4 Likes

Me exactly. The trailer was enough to convince me not to watch. I mean, what absolute idiot thinks SAVING the dinosaurs will be good for humans? And having them in a highly populated area?

2 Likes

Yeah we should replace the humans with the dinosaurs altogether