Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

Correct. Little known fact, Kulta was originally going to be named Kulta-Kal.

3 Likes

You know what? They’re the Kal, now.

2 Likes

Well thanks!

2 Likes

This is really neat. I can imagine Karzahni Prison set with Maxilos.

4 Likes

Maybe change this to Irnakk, to stick with canon names?

Other than that, this is cool. It just makes so much more sense for me for all of these ‘titans’ from past generations to be connected and rely on masks for powers.

2 Likes

Irarok was made by @DarkMaestro, so I can’t rename it. Also, I’m not sure if using Irnakk would make sense, based on the source material. Irnakk is a Skakdi, which would go better in this pitch by @Tempelbeast1.

3 Likes

Nothing against that pitch specifically, but I don’t like the idea of bringing in a ton of species from G1. It’s part of why I like the Kal; it takes the important individuals from a bunch of separate species and cuts out all of the extraneous stuff. We didn’t really need all of these species, especially when they were only used for one character each. And Brickonicle has done a lot of cutting, even going so far as to have the Toa and Matoran be the same species. This doesn’t feel like the same swirl of cultures like G1, and I think the number of species should match that.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you on cutting back on various species (some exceptions, but I can explain that later). If we were to include Irnakk, Irnakk would be the original wielder of the Mask of Fusion and would split into what we know as the Piraka… I should add that to this list now.

I disagree that the Toa and Matoran were different species in G1. I saw the Toa state as an advancement in metamorphosis of the Matoran, with Turaga acting as the final life stage. I know they were “robots,” but still.

3 Likes

That… that’s a really cool idea. The question becomes, what- nope, I just solved it. I was going to ask what Mask Vezon would have, but what if he was once a part of Irnakk? At some point he decided to go his own way, but retained his Mask of Fusion.

True; almost closer to evolution in Pokemon. They even use stones.

2 Likes

Added.

1. Pokémon has absolutely no idea what terms mean what.
  2. Does this mean Matoran, Toa, and Turaga are Pokemon?
1 Like

Thank you

1. True, that’s why I had to specify what I was talking about
  2. Illuminati confirmed
2 Likes

Irnakk section updated with the Piraka

2 Likes

So, using @RAKRONDEWL’s base, I started making a Piraka base, which turned into a preliminary Zaktan. I’m pretty proud with how the Zamor launcher turned out.

4 Likes

I was thinking Irnakk could be a larger model, but the Piraka themselves would be about Matoran size. I do like the design, though.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s fair. I could go back and turn it Irnakk-ian…whatever the heck that is.
Later, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was going to say “IT’S KEETONGU!” then I read it was actualky keetongu, now, all I can write is, why aint he KEETorange

2 Likes

It’s to match both Keetongu’s connection to nature and Tiro. He’s basically one of the most revered figures in Tiroan culture.

2 Likes

I’m a really big fan of all this good job. I would ha e to say while brutaka and hydraxon builds are very good the others need a little work. Besides that this is great

3 Likes

I agree with you about Brutaka and Hydraxon (they’re two of my personal favorite G1 sets), but I think the others still look pretty good, too. I’d love for @RAKRONDEWL to make designs for the Makutans as well, but @Noupix for the individual Piraka (including Vezon)

3 Likes

Please say that the piraka are matoran size…

2 Likes