Kanae: Mangai of The Green

Kanae is a gentle soul, one of the more mellow Mangai like Hura and Naho. He came to Metru Nui after receiving the call from Turaga Dume in the wake of the Kanohi dragon. After joining Lhikan’s new team, Kanae began studying botany in Ga-Metru to expand upon his instinctual familiarity with plants. In his free time, he likes to roam the gardens of Ga-metru, experimenting with the creation of new and beautiful flora while mentoring the rare bo-matoran who come to live in the Metru-Nui.

Due to his unique nature as a toa of plantlife, and in response to his own perception of toa when first transformed, many of Kanae’s biomechanics became plant-based. With a clawed hand, he can better channel his elemental powers without the use of a dedicated toa-tool.

At the same time, Kanae had also developed a set of vine-like limbs protruding from his back. They could manipulate objects, channel his elemental powers, or be used as sharpened weapons. Flexible as stems, yet tough as bark, his elemental powers allowed for passive manipulation of his various botani-mechanical limbs.

His given toa tool was a large blade than could be mounted on Kanae’s arm to allow for free use of his hands. On the battlefield, Kanae takes on the role of a medic. With his mask of healing and practical knowledge from Ga-metru studies, he’s saved his teammates from many close calls.

I’m so glad to have this figure completed. Finally, I have completed the 11th and final toa of my Mangai team. Now I just need to get them all in a group-shot.

12 Likes