Kanohi Mask Commissions

Who takes 3D mask commissions?

2 Likes

Try @Rothanak
He seems like the only active mask maker who takes commission. I believe at 20USD.

And before you ask, I don’t take commissions, and I’m not even active anymore… I don’t even fix the problems with my Rode that someone rightly complained about.

Maybe I should dump my sketches somewhere, or finish my gothic Hau sketch, cause I’ve been feeling very inspired after looking at gothic architecture… just maybe not inspired enough to 3d model it.

5 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah, I still do mask commissions. Pretty sure there are a few others.

4 Likes

As far as I know, Galva and KhingK both seemed to have stopped last year… I’m guessing it’s because Greg got fired and there’s no one to canonise their designs.

BigPhan modelled Natetronimo’s Kaukau, based on SpecterL’s design (which I have to model it too, because Natetronimo’s holding onto the copyright).

SpecterL is amazing, but he’s a 2D artist, not 3D.

And that just leaves… well, I’m not sure TBH.

2 Likes

I believe the modeler KingSidorak takes commissions

2 Likes

It’s a shame you’re not, cause I like the looks of your masks.

3 Likes

I believe galva still open commissions every so often, the last one I saw as a commission was a pilot akaku maybe a few months ago. And the kaukau bigphan modeled is available for download on shapeways.

3 Likes

It’s available for download? How?

I’ve only gotten BigPhan’s mask from… legally questionable community sources.

It’s a lovely design anyways. If I ever get around to making a fan game, I’ld love to use that design.

Also, I just found out about @gen.make and their tacticool skakdi… who’s also closed their commissions.

2 Likes

Shapeways had the option to download the file on that page last time I checked.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar with shapeways.

I kind of need a tutorial on how to download it off there.

2 Likes

Oh, you have to make an account to be able to download stuff from there

3 Likes

That explains.

I… am too busy to make an account, even though it takes like 5 min.

Edit: I have indeed made an account and downloaded Natetronimo’s file. I might retopo it, maybe slap it in a game some time in the future (with permission or course), but first, I need to swap out my profile picture to one of my 3D model renders, then cross upload my prints from thingiverse, maybe curate a little first.

NGL, I am tempted to commision @Rothanak to model my kraahkan, mainly because I don’t have time to do it myself, not when I’m literally in the middle of a college semester.

2 Likes

I’m definitely am up for modeling your kraahkan

3 Likes

Sorry I don’t have 20USD to commission you for this (spent it all on 40k). I know it’s super unclear how the 4 side fins are aligned, but the upper 2 are parallel & horizontal, and the lower 2 are angled downwards.

3 Likes

That looks epic. It’s like the mask is radiating energy from the fins.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried to draw baphomet horns… tried

That’s why they’re out of frame.

Well, if I were to 3d model it, hopefully it’s easier to 3D model.

2 Likes

Just clarifying, like this? Might not model it right away, but it is a pretty cool design.

3 Likes

Holy â– â– â– â– , you draw better than me too! Almost there.

The 4 fins are a little further front, there’s a slight convexity to the upper surface (though I’m sure that’s to be fleshed out in 3D).

The 3 “fangs” in the front are intended to be inset, ala the nose of a deers skull, but that’s my fault for ambiguous drawing, but I love your reinterpretation! Just model it as you draw it (of course, with the 4 fins pushed further front).

I can always tweak it as a remix on Thingiverse, now that’s some proper collaboration.

Never expected to have a collab with you, but hell yeah!

3 Likes

One more question, does it connect like the classic kraahkan with the head facing upwards?

3 Likes