Kapua, Voya Nui Matoran Moc (with lore)

Kapua was a cosmopolitan Ta-Matoran trader settled on the Northern Continent, who wore a powerless Kanohi Arthron. Friendly and open to new experiences, Kapua was welcomed and respected by many, including Ga- and Ko-Matoran scholars, from whom Kapua gathered knowledge about the weather and other natural phenomena – such knowledge was invaluable on the many (ocean-going) journeys his occupation would demand of him. On one such journey to the Tren Krom Peninsula, Kapua was severely damaged after being crushed by falling rocks while navigating the area’s hostile terrain. He was sent to the island of Karzahni for repairs.

Karzahni did as well a job as you would expect - Kapua’s repairs were one of the messiest. To compensate, he gave Kapua a Lightning Rod, a tool capable of absorbing lightning and firing a blast of electricity. Due to his weak legs (no doubt a result of the damage and the subsequent shoddy repairs), Kapua would frequently use this Rod as a walking cane. Due to his stature and his worldliness, he was often confused for a Turaga. He would wound up on the Southern Continent, together with other “repaired” Matoran. There he would continue to amass and share his knowledge with other Matoran. During the time that Turaga Jovan reigned on Voya Nui, Kapua would serve as an assistant to him. He would also form a friendship with the Onu-Matoran Garan. Following the Great Cataclysm, Kapua used his extensive knowledge of weather and natural conditions to accurately predict storms and hurricanes. Sadly, Kapua would be one of the many Matoran to perish during the Piraka’s reign of terror on Voya Nui (we can assume it was due to slow walking pace). He remains fondly remembered by his surviving friends.

Kapua is supposed to represent the Ta-Matoran weather expert, briefly mentioned in the short story “Hope” by LadyKopaka. The idea of such Matoran intrigued me (Ta-Matoran aren’t usually associated with weathermen), so I tried to create a character out of him. The build is admittedly kind of messy, as I’m not familiar with the VoyaToran build, plus, I was working with a limited parts selection. Nevertheless, I hope you find him intriguing too.

16 Likes

This moc definitely reminds me of a Karzahni-type Matoran, nice moc. I also like the lore and weapon.

3 Likes

ah very nice

3 Likes

Thank you, both. :slight_smile: I was a little afraid how his build would go down, glad to see you liked it.

2 Likes

I think the construction itself is relatively good, but the color scheme could use some unification. Matoran builds are always intriguing, though, and this delivers in that sense for me.

1 Like

Wow, i legit thought that was a turaga from the picture. You really got that look down. What a poor matoran, couldn’t get a leg up on his situation. (Sorry) nice moc

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like