Karzahni, the Mad Titan (Ver. Nova)

Karzahni, the Mad Titan
(Ver. Nova)

Karzahni, ‘The Mad Titan’

Mythic ruler of the long-lost land that bears his name

“Ah, yes, work my children, work to better our land…”

“Petulant fool… Laziness will not be tolerated! I saved your life; now it belongs to me! Get back to work!”

“Come, my child, I shall fix you again…”

“Working on projects without my permission again? Perhaps you’d like a vision of what awaits you, should you continue to disobey me?”

“So this… then this… put that there… adjust that…”

“Hold still, my Toa… I cannot perform my glorious enhancements if you keep moving!”

“I am Karzahni, rightful ruler of this land and guardian of my children, who live here!”

“Master? Hurt…?”
“It is nothing! Just let me be awhile…”

———

Bio: Eons ago, Karzahni and his brother Artahka were created to help shepherd the fledgling Matoran Universe. A competition was then held, to see who would win the fabled Mask of Creation. After losing to Artahka, Karzahni decided to go off and build a realm where broken Matoran could come to be fixed. He had the best of intentions… but his skill in performing repairs on Matoran physiology was sorely lacking. Those sent to Karzahni’s realm were ‘rebuilt’ in weaker forms, or died on the repair table. Karzahni became very protective over his ‘children,’ reluctant to ever send them back. Eventually, he started keeping the Matoran sent to him indefinitely, swearing to ‘take care’ of them himself, despite his realm’s inhospitability. As such, shipments of Matoran stopped arriving to his land, worsening his possessiveness.
Now, those few unfortunate enough to stumble upon his realm must stay… or suffer the consequences.

Personality: Karzahni is a complicated being. Though he does care for those in his realm, it is a twisted sort of care. Those who disobey are punished, and his temper is easily set off. However, Karzahni has fought off as many as half a dozen Manas Crabs to protect one of his ‘children’ from harm.
Karzahni’s self image is a mess. He rules through fear, but laments how his people do not love him. He prides himself on caring for Matoran, but also bears a great deal of self-loathing for his inability to repair them properly. This mix of ego and insecurity is the root cause of his erratic, often destructive behavior.
Notably, despite his dismal deficiency at repairing Matoran, Karzahni is quite adept at repairing himself. Furthermore, he is surprisingly skilled at creating new things, like tools and technologies.

Tools/Abilities: Karzahni bears the Kanohi Olisi, the Mask of Alternate Futures. He has immense physical strength, though he rarely uses it. Karzahni wields twin chains, which can be made to burn with the hottest of heats, and which he uses to keep his favorite ‘pets’ (like Voriki) close.

—————
Here he is, in all his glory. I’m quite proud of this build, and all the little details I crammed into him. I went with the black and gold, because I find that color palette more striking personally. (And canonically is his OG color palette before he upgrades himself to the mean green killing machine look.) You’ll also see Voriki in a few of these pics!

I’m also headcanoning (and thus canoning for the NLAU) that Karzahni is actually a great builder of new things, but terrible at repairing Matoran. In essence, he would’ve flourished in Artahka’s role… but fate thrust him into being the repairman of the MU, when he had no skill at that. He’s still got a deeply unhealthy personality and some troubling insanity… but there’s an element of factors beyond his control at play, too.

——————————

26 Likes

I really like what you’ve done with his personality here! It adds a lot more depth to Karzahni that he didn’t receive in canon. And, of course, the moc is brilliant. Excellent work!

7 Likes

could you make instructions for it?

3 Likes

really like the colour scheme

4 Likes

Thank you!! I always found him fascinating in canon, but his character was a little bland. Not that I have a problem with simple characters or simple motivations, but Karzahni always struck me as tragic. He’s clearly not suited for his role… but he genuinely wants to do right (or at least, he did in the beginning).
And this feeds further into the theme of the fallacies of the Great Beings (and to a certain extend, Mata Nui). In all their unimaginable wisdom and power, they couldn’t foresee the MU’s designated repairman from becoming insane

5 Likes

I Really love this, great work! Also awesome additional information to his personality, it was much needed.

3 Likes

I may eventually do a breakdown of him!
(I I know the torso especially is a bit inscrutable from an outside perspective :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

This is a really cool way of building Karzahni.

3 Likes