Kazoro, Toa of Earth

Emerging from the subterranean depths, Kazoro of the Toa Ultora commands the power of Earth. Strategic and unyielding in battle, he’s not unwilling to use intimidation tactics to stop a fight before it starts. He spent his Matoran days as a member of the Onu-Ulta underground racing league, a side of him that lives on through his Mask of Acceleration, which allows him to alter the speed of anything he touches. These traits, along with his Quake Blade and Tremor Claw, make him a feared but respected force for justice.

Here’s a neutral pose. I used trans-green accents to break up the black and silver, so I hope the color scheme isn’t too monotone. Originally, I went with trans-red accents, but I felt it made him look too much like a bad guy.

Back view. He can detach those climbing hooks and fling them at enemies at high speed in tandem with his mask power. Side note, but that Vahki limb is held in place by a wrench piece sticking under the balljoint and through the connector socket. It’s not actually ‘attached’ to anything, but none of the pieces are stressed far as I can tell, so you be the judge and jury whether this technique is ‘illegal’ or not.

He’s not the most friendly guy, but make no mistake - he’s still dedicated to protecting the Matoran of Ulta Nui. I’m using this as an excuse to show off a Matoran design I came up with a while back, they’re just small simple builds but if you think they’re worthy of their own post let me know.

An oversized sword that causes earthquakes when it slams the ground: 50 protobucks. Big meaty claw that strikes fear in the hearts of evil: 120 protobucks. Still not knowing the difference between Earth and Stone after all these years: priceless.

One final pose before signing off. He’s the first member of a Toa Team I hope to make more members of in the future. I’m a slow builder so who knows how long that’ll take - but I’m already tinkering with ideas for a Toa of Water as we speak. I don’t exactly know the full story of these guys, but I have different concepts bouncing around my head - one of which being they are from an alternate GSR called Ulta Nui that failed to launch properly and crashed on Bota Magna, leaving the inhabitants stranded to survive in the harsh wilds. But we’ll see, this is Bionicle after all - anything I say here can and will be retconned later!

Also, on a side note - this is my third time sharing a MOC here. Any feedback on the moc itself is welcome, but also so is feedback on how I format my posts. Am I too wordy? Not wordy enough? Could my photos or posing be better? etc. Any tips on that side of things is welcome too, if there’s anything I could do better.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you like the guy.

10 Likes