Kieral, the actor

Kieral is skilled at acting and espionage, and is one of the more diverse members of the Others. She often goes under the delusive codename of “Cookie”.

Detailed Lore

Certainly one of the more diverse members of the Others, Kieral came from one of the southernmost and remotest islands in the Matoran Universe. Despite their relative isolation from the rest of the universe and inexperience with more common species such as the Matoran, the Vespera proudly defied the misconception that they were “savages”, due to their place of origin.

But more on Kieral herself. Raised on her home island, she led a mostly peaceful life, the remoteness of the island protecting it from most threats bar the local wildlife, which the natives knew how to deal with. Kieral aspired to be an actor, which she accomplished quite handily and successfully, seemingly right on track to becoming one of the most well-known Vespera.
Everything was just fine… or so she thought.

Then a couple spiders (well, more than a couple) called the Visorak showed up. And, well, you can probably guess what happened. Kieral was at home at that time. End of story.

Except that it wasn’t. While the Visorak may have been intending to massacre, it seemed they couldn’t quite do the job. Mysterious vines kept sprouting wherever the spiders set foot, choking the life out of them or dragging them underground. The spiders attempted to use the air-based Venom Flyers, but to no avail; the relentless foliage’s reach seemed endless. And believe me, the natives had no intention of being occupied either. In the end, the island was saved.

But the event wouldn’t just be done and dusted after that; far from it. Kieral, for one, became quite curious about the outside world after the failed invasion. And so the adventurous Vespera set off. She traveled far and wide throughout the universe, encountering many a strange being or creature, eventually acquiring a prominent (read: notorious) name for herself as a thespian, spy, infiltrator, and thief. Rumor has it that she even had a short stint with the Dark Hunters! Either way, she was quite skilled at what she did, but it was a lonely life. Kieral yearned to be part of something larger.

But one day, she was approached by a strange mechanical man who introduced himself as “Cog”, and he revealed to the shocked Kieral that his organization was in need of her abilities. An important Matoran in a neighboring city had been kidnapped by dissenters who wished to overturn the current government. “Widget”, Cog’s usual agent, was away on a prolonged mission to Metru Nui, so Kieral was the one for the job.

Ultimately, the mission was a success, and afterwards Cog gave her the option to join the Others, which she gladly accepted. Soon after, the robot revealed his true name, Tersius. To her delight, Kieral was made a full-fledged member, taking on the odd alias of “Cookie” to throw off her foes.

Personality/Abilities

Kieral is an experienced actor, capable of creating false personalities and expertly acting upon them, as well as controlling her own facial expressions and tone and inflection of her voice to her benefit. She’s also an excellent mimic, useful for disguises and deception, in addition to possessesing photographic reflexes, which allow her to duplicate any physical feats she sees within the limits of her species. Kieral’s other skills include stealth, logic, infiltration, and aerial maneuvering.

She has enhanced senses of hearing and sight (especially so at night, since the Vespera are mostly nocturnal), as well as the abilities of flight and echolocation, traits which are common to her species.

In terms of combat, Kieral isn’t the best, but can hold her own. Her wings are razor-sharp, which was gained via dubious means (read: stolen).

As an actor, Kieral is proficient with differing false personalities, and her true nature is often hidden behind a dry, sarcastic, pragmatic and slightly sociopathic shell. In reality, she is kind and empathetic. She may be good at stealing, and often has to steal, but that doesn’t mean she likes it. Kieral would rather help than harm, and as a member of the benevolent Others she often gets and happily acts upon that opportunity.

Moc details

Well, one thing I think is obvious is that Kieral here was built with my collection of spare constraction parts. Why did I build her?

1. I needed another member for the Others (bonkle x-men),
  2. I wanted to use the parts, and
  3. Why not?

I took apart another of my tablescraps to build this one and frankly I think this is a better use of the pieces than that sad excuse for a bird Rahi.

Some more notes:

• Her name was originally going to be an anagram of Cookie, her codename and bat-name, but I gave up on that and gave her Kiera with an L to make it sound suitably Bionicle.
  • The Others are a noble group of misfits who do good and are made up of all my other random mocs, so you might see a few more of them whenever.
  • Last thing, Vespera is fairly obviously based on the Latin word for bat, “vespertilio”.

So that’s Kieral. :+1:

Yes, this is a bat moc. What could possibly go wrong?

11 Likes

She’s wonderful! Another excellent bat :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ben Linus vibes

She looks great, her wings reming me of the Apocalypse adaptation of Archangel

3 Likes

oh no it’s a rukah bat

It’s nice to see the torso isn’t square. The one gunmetal piece feels a little out of place, with only the hip piece to blend it in. But I suppose that’s better than the hip piece being the only gunmetal, although it’s almost completely hidden from the front.

4 Likes

(that’s what I get for making the moc from my leftover parts bin)

2 Likes

I like the rahkshi staves on the wongs, those make for an interesting, almost feathered look

Nice moc

3 Likes

Thanks all! :blush:

2 Likes