Kihraxz fighter

I said weekly, didnt I?
its sorta close enough ish, gimme a break

Heres the moc, a recreation of the Kihraxz fighter from star wars:
I incorporated a couple of play features, the first being a storage bay in the spine where the pilots equipment or projectiles for the shooters can be stored (or both if Im actually careful)
the second is a pair of flick fires to represent the missiles the fighter would usually carry in universe, and a pair of 2014 spring loaded shooters to represent the cannons lower on the wings
the spring loaded shooters can be fired without needing to reach under the wings, as their tails just barely poke out when loaded
finally, a minifigure can be placed in the cockpit

heres a turnaround of the moc with the mini that I used for refrence

and here is a peek at the underside of the fuselage and wings in comparison to the reference mini
A slight addition Ive made since taking the pictures is adding a little bit more to the wingtips that sweeps out, like on the actual one. The nose/forward fuselage unfortunately came out a bit stubby, and I didnt have a better canopy peice available, so a bit is lost on the front area.
I actually took these pictures before the torpedo bomber, so this ones also on my bed, though the lighting was clearly way better.

15 Likes

Oh nice! I see you also played X-Wing Miniatures Game! You did an excellent job of recreating this starfighter.

3 Likes

nice little ship

5 Likes

looks great!

4 Likes

@Eilrach @Rhyla416 thanks!

Why the past tense there? First edition is honestly still better for casual or semi-compettitive play within one household

3 Likes

I just haven’t played in a year or two due to school. I should start up again, since I’ve got a fairly ridiculous collection of ships.

2 Likes