King Matoro and Prince Izotor Statue

I don’t recall we’ve ever established what King Matoro looked like, so I wanted to try and draw my own take on what I think he might look like. I feel if Matoro wanted people to know anything about him, was that he loved all his people like they loved him. Especially his son, the young Prince Izotor.

I inerpreted the sketches of Izotor/Kopaka as him being partially in one eye (hidden by his telescopic lens) I don’t know if Matoro had this feature as well, but i like the idea of one eye being covered by an adornment coming to be a mark of the Royal Family in Izotor’s time

You may notice that I reference the banner as belonging to “The House of Certavus.” I recall in the Rahkshi backstory podcast, the suggestion was that there were two royal families, Certavus being the patriarch of Izotor’s lineage. Kualus would’ve been of the rival house that fought for the crown, which i will call, “The House of Strakk” (added bonus of the similarity to “House Stark” in Game of Thrones)

The concept is a bit complex for a LEGO theme, but as a concept it serves. I’d like to imagine this being placed either in a courtyard of the Royal Family’s castle, or perhaps in the village square for all of the people to see. Unlike most art in the village, which are typically carved of ice, this would be carved out of a white stone. Maybe Motaran sculptors built it as a gesture of goodwill?

An initial concept of King Matoro.

14 Likes

Oh, I like this a lot. The white stone is quite the idea.

1 Like

House words: “Get 'em Strakk!”

1 Like