Kongu Mahri's Weaponry (Or Lack Thereof)

… unless he propels himself into some kind of flying kick

2 Likes

He would fire air from his Cordak blasters. Those launchers can channel elemental energy. What @Lesnichiy is proposing is 100% correct - that is canon, not just a game thing.

Also keep in mind being a Toa of Air in the environment where every enemy is water-breather, means you are essentially a Toa of Poison.

7 Likes

And Kongu himself is a water-breather, so he has to be extra careful about using his air powers.

5 Likes

That would be sweet.

3 Likes

I’m wondering: so at some point, Greg mentioned that the Cordak Blaster rockets were not powerful enough to kill, but would instead stun enemies. So are the Toa just avoiding directly shooting enemies, or are they using a type of ammo different from Hydraxon’s usual ones?

3 Likes

Come to think of it, on a similar note, I have always felt Kongu had gotten the short end of the stick as an Inika and a Mahri

For instance as an Inika the only time he got to show any cool moves like the cyclone, it ended up destroying a bridge, he didn’t get the mask of flight, or anything flight-related, and his personality change was a far cry from even his courageous Matoran self, “would screaming and running count? That would be a good plan right now”. Really? Compare this to his Bohrok animation self. I wouldn’t be against a sense of humor, but this was kind of a derail.

And his Zatth, didn’t do much beneficial.

And then after Mahri Nui, he has no visible or noticeable weapon compared to the others.
It was sad because I was enjoying Kongu even when I was a kid.

3 Likes

This is exactly why Kongu Mahri is my (hot take incoming) favorite. As a kid, I always thought big gun=cool and Kongu has two.

Dude taught me to dream big before I even knew how.

9 Likes

My thought process when I was younger as well. Everyone else just gets one gun and Kongu gets two, that’s awesome

5 Likes

I think he would physically beat down rahi with his Cordak Blasters.

3 Likes