Kopaka Mata... but Metru

Just that

65 Likes

This looks really cool!

3 Likes

He looks great. I’d suggest replacing the 3L pins in his left arm and shins with these though:
It’d be a bit less secure on one side but the axles should hold it together well enough. Apart from that I really like the leg design.

4 Likes

This looks really good, actually. The lower legs look like they shouldn’t work aesthetically, but they do and they’re awesome.

2 Likes

A Metru build that looks like a mata build? That’s amazing!

3 Likes

Wow, I had never thought of the possibility of someone doing this but now it seems like such a good idea. All the technic is nice and greebly, the shoulders are very nice as well-they somehow give a “knight” look? Kinda like pauldrons? Very nice Moc.

4 Likes

This is an awesome revamp. I especially love the shaping of the limbs.

Do you have any plans to make the other Toa Mata by recolouring these models?

1 Like

Not really, but maybe i could do something in future, well unless i forget.

Really cool

cool! Because kopaka is the toa of ice! Ah ah funny joke

3 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

This is really clever and awesome. Nobody has mentioned how epic that sword looks, yet, so I’ll do that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exceedingly cool.

3 Likes

Insert reviving bionicle quote here

1 Like

I decided to try and take a crack at making one of those legs IRL.

I only have one of those tri-liftarm parts sadly, but was able to get enough of it together to experiment a little. The design above is under a lot of tension as the angle those old style toothed washers have doesn’t quite match the one you need for this.

I tried adding a couple more modern parts to the mix and managed to get him less pressure in those side parts while also giving a bit more knee articulation, but it does mean the leg isn’t 2 studs wide anymore

This is as far as I can really go with the design due to parts restrictions, but seriously, well done on this guy.

3 Likes

I actually fixed this already.

7 Likes

Love this moc. Kopaka is my favourite character after all. And man never thought to use a metru torso for a mata build. But it works.

Also I might steal this sword design just because it is awesome

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

2 Likes

I did some final changes

7 Likes

Wicked awesome

1 Like