Korgot, Protector of Earth

They didn’t give the Protectors any sort of unique background, so I wrote my own:

Korgot was born in an Earth Village and is the only child of the previous Protector of Earth, her father. Since he didn’t have any sons, the position was passed down to her, making her the first female Protector of Earth. Korgot is tomboy-ish, with a slight rugged, although very playful attitude. She likes to play ball games with rocks and is always barefoot, because she enjoys feeling the soft soil of the Earth Region villages between her toes, it makes her feel at home anywhere. Korgot is still pretty young, and definitely the youngest of the Protectors (I would say around late teens/early 20s, in human years), and is probably one of the less experienced Protectors, such as in fighting. When off on journeys, she often thinks of her and her friends goofing off and playing sports in the Earth Village, but she knows she has a duty to fulfill. When it comes to battle, she leaves her father’s Rapid Shooter at home (It wasn’t exactly built for female Protectors, since she is the first.) and instead, she uses a modified double barrel shotgun, perfect for taking down swarms of Skull Spiders, and she also carries a pickaxe, like most Earth Villagers. Although Korgot is the official PoE, her father was the one who guided Onua to his golden mask.

Pictures:

No weapons/tools.

Just the accessories.

Exploded torso.

4th Wall: I typically think of the official set to be more what her father looks like, and Korgot here is his successor and apprentice. Open to suggestions and constructive criticism. Thoughts?

19 Likes

SHE HAS BECOME GRAVES

2 Likes

I don’t like the fact that you neglected the official story by changing the fact that she guided Onua. I also prefer her with her chest blaster, made her more unique. Other than that, not bad.

Also, work on your feminine poses, these ones are just kinda exaggerated and silly looking.

Oh cool a korgot moc, not half bad
aaaand shotgun

3 Likes

Neat revamp, especially love the weapons.

Who? <b

KORGOT 2: KORGOT WITH
more gun.

1 Like

Less gun actually. A six barrel chest cannon is more than a double barrel shotgun.

Boom stick or chest mounted blaster… I prefer the chest mounted blaster. But that gun looks pretty cool.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about the chest build. Also the neck looks a little weird to me.

1 Like

this is IMO, not as good as the set.

you removed the defining features of the design, the chest gun and shoulder armor, completely, and added pointless things like those ugly texture clashing tires and toes.
also I can’t think of any reason why you added that pipe to the torso, you can’t even see it and it doesn’t supply any structural stability.

also that shotgun, overdesigned and unnecessary.

and another thing,

[quote=“Storm, post:1, topic:15610”]
They didn’t give the Protectors any sort of unique background, so I wrote my own:
[/quote] except you directly went against what story they have given us,

and also

why? not only does that go against canon, it’s really undermining her being capable so she has to let her father do the important work.
it seems like such an unnecessary point to add, other than to make her less important and capable as the other protectors.

3 Likes

I meant another gun.

Um, no.

The Gun is really well done, but should not have anything to do with this MOC. I’d give it to someone else who it’d suit better.

Also, nipples. No. Just no.

4 Likes

:unamused: oh. it never clicked, I guess I was just giving the moc too much credit.

yeah, this moc has gone from bad to worse.

not only does it remove any originality from korgots design,
you give her a freaking SHOTGUN because the chest cannon apparently “doesn’t fit her” even though there’s no evidence to suggest it’s not part of her, and did you just forget her drill and throwing knives?
and I’m not even going to bring up the backstory again.

:expressionless:
the more I look at this moc, the less I like it.
it doesn’t feel like korgot, despite it literally being almost the same.

4 Likes

Neck is a bit off, but otherwise she’s okay. Wait-

Nein. It was in the book this is blasphememe. Onua approached her like this was a sensitive question like my canon can’t handle it. Also, shotgun is a bit too real-world for Bonkles, which is why I have a problem with MoCs with guns. Aaaand dat gear butt. Whyyyyyyy???

1 Like

Now that You’ve pointed that out, I don’t think this is appropriate for the boards anymore…

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t too sure about that, so scratch that part.

UNINTENTIONAL. CANNOT UNSEE.
That silver pipe was only there to cover the very visible gaps between the chest shells and the heartlight area, and I couldn’t figure out a better way to cover the gaps from both the front and side. Too bad I don’t have that piece in black :confused:

Welp, judging from everyone’s feedback, this moc and backstory isn’t that great, to say the least. The goal of this moc was to try to make the set’s proportions more realistic, which I think it totally failed in. The other goal was to make a first attempt at a gun that actually looks like a gun, whiiiiich it has mixed success. Honestly, my favorite part of this moc are her lil toes.

I’m going to take this apart and possibly take another stab at it. Should I delete this post as well? I don’t see a point for this to exist.

KEep the weapon and re-use it on another MOC. Otherwise if you don’t want to keep the MOC itself, go ahead. The post doesn’t have to be deleted BTW

Korgot is packing more heat.
How is that possible?!

1 Like

So, this is cool and all, but you’re missing Korgot’s one key feature. That being the minigun chest. While this is objectivly a nice moc, it really is missing the biggest feature of the character. Other than that its fine.