Kotoku-Honu (Grey Turtle Rahi)

A turtle rahi for my own setting. Kotoku is a Maori word that means treasure and Honu is a Maori word that means turtle. Kotoku-Honu live on the shore and shallow parts of the ocean. they don’t typically come to land although they are capable of doing so. Darker forces have influenced them to be aggressive as of late. Causing them to attack villages before disappearing back into the sea.

It is based on the 90’s technic/2001 bionicle style sets. I especially wanted to lean into the half animal half vehicular ascetic 2001 rahi had. It has a function where it will swing its hook like flippers forward when rolled along the ground. It has a mask on it’s beak, so it can play the mask game like other 2001 sets.

15 Likes

Been lovin the classic vibe of these rahi.

2 Likes

this one definitely falls more on the general older lego side of things than specifically bionicle or technic, but thats alright. something that pains me to see is those wheel pieces on the front getting all that gunk in their center, thats gotta be a bit of a pain to get out. I really like seeing those gear rack pieces though, even if theyre not functionally doing anything

2 Likes

@TheMOCingbird Thanks! I’m glad you liked them! These guys are kind of my spiritual successors to monog.

@wild_toa Yeah, I did have to disassemble it to clean the sand out, funnily enough the gears needed more effort than the wheels to clean out.

3 Likes