Krakua, Chippy Toa of Sonics

Krakua, Chippy Toa of Sonics

Even before becoming a Toa, Krakua had caught the eye of the secretive Order of Mata Nui. As a Matoran, he would end up serving them well, providing intel on goings on in the universe while remaining entirely inconspicuous. Eventually, however, the time would come for the Order to prepare for war. To this end, they would facilitate Krakua’s transformation into a Toa. He would become their liaison with the wider universe, using his status as a Toa to facilitate trust with Matoran and other Toa.

Krakua is an upbeat person, with a fairly cheerful disposition. He has the quirky habit of constantly humming and whistling, despite his acute hearing. Despite this bright demeanor, however, he takes his Duty very seriously. He can become suddenly grave whenever discussing matters of great importance, to the surprise of many.

Krakua bears a Kanohi Suletu, the Great Mask of Telepathy— but shaped as a Hau, to honor the Great Spirit. He uses a sonic vibration baton as his primary tool. Krakua has the power of the element of Sonics, with all the powers and abilities that come with it.
––––––––––
I’ve opted for using sand blue as a color for Sonics, adding color to an element whose canon color scheme was never officially stated. Also, there’s plenty of silver here too, which I like more than just dark gray and black alone. His limbs are based upon limbs for my other Toa of Sonics (as yet unseen). Also, pearl sand blue is such a slick look, isn’t it?

16 Likes

blua krakua… interestinua…

7 Likes

this is a pretty good moc, but the nuva armour seems to sit a little too low.

6 Likes

This is a good looking MOC. Color scheme is great, fits element of Sonics well and reminds me of Metru Aesthetics. I like the detail with mask being reshaped to honor Mata Nui and pose with him meditating. Him being sometimes cheerful, sometimes serious parallels different sounds having different emotional responses. Him also making sounds also fits. This elemental personality combined with the strange shape makes him feel like 2001 BIONICLE. (I am aware that Krakua exists in cannon, but some bits of story seem to be addition, and they are good ones)

But Heyzorks has a point, that the shape of the torso looks sort of weird, and not in good way. Perhaps the Nuva armor could remain where it is, and some sort of a plate (perhaps Gahlok-Kal shield?) ( I have very little experience in MOCing, mostly building canon models from G2, so I know not if that would work at all) be added above it so the chest area does not look as sunken?

5 Likes

Metal blue, pearl light gray, and gray work together surprisingly well. Looking pretty good, but I agree the nuva torso armor does sit a little low. Maybe put a bohrok shield or something on the T-liftarm above it would help?
Otherwise this is a neat Krakua moc. I like the lore.

4 Likes

I’ll have to try that!
The reason the Nuva armor is where it is, is because there’s some thin liftarms that hold this torso together below that look weird when left exposed. I’ll try a bit of tinkering with it

5 Likes

Agreed. And the arm’s feel separated from the body.

3 Likes