Krika, Makuta of the Northern Continent

“Take to the shadows. They are, after all, the prisons we have made for ourselves.”
— Makuta Krika, Swamp of Secrets
Imgur
Built for the last challenge of the “Style it Up!” contest by Innovalug.

55 Likes

It looks brilliant.

3 Likes

Ohh… Very nice… I like the use of the black Hau Nuva.

9 Likes

I love how cohesive it is, but personally, I miss the white in the color scheme, have you thought about just replacing the black hau nuva with a white mask? I feel like it only needs a tiny splash of white to tie in the weapons.

Again, very well done and very clean!

6 Likes

He almost looks like a Hollow Knight boss now. It’s gorgeous.

5 Likes

O hey you finally posted him. I still absolutely love that black Hau Nuva in the chest! The cheese slopes on the shoulders seem far too boxy to me though - some kind of trailing spike or something might’ve been better

5 Likes

You’re really playing up the Mantis form, I like it a lot!

2 Likes

I love and hate how fleshy that body is.

1 Like

I was wondering earlier this week about old BioTube era guys that were still active… guess there’s another one!

While I’m here: Man, this kind of color blocking is sick. Props to you for keeping all the white-and-red pieces as the only ones of those colors.

1 Like

I can agree.Because of the contest I had to cover the open studs on those dish pieces, the cheese slopes remained to be my only option. Thanks![quote=“Hawkflight, post:9, topic:51639”]
Man, this kind of color blocking is sick. Props to you for keeping all the white-and-red pieces as the only ones of those colors.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot! It was hard to work with the normal white, it always sticked out too much, so I removed it.

Glad you can see that!

Thanks for the criticism. As I said earlier, I think it didn’t really look that great. But maybe a white Hau Nuva could’ve worked, if I had one.

What do you mean by ‘hate’?

@ProfSrlojohn
@Roag_Wolf
@SirKeksalot
Thanks all!

Mostly a joke, cause it has a slight unnerving feel to it.

1 Like

Top quality design and build. Very imaginative from soup to nuts.

2 Likes

Did they have a “no exposed studs” rule?

Yes. I didn’t have flat circular tiles in black, that’s why I used cheese slopes.

1 Like

I love the proportions and the Mantis-like design!

1 Like