Krika vs Toa Tahu (Brickonicle Entry)

Set Name: Krika vs Toa Tahu
Piece Count: 259
Price: $24.99

Photo #1: Shows the complete set. The extra studs are for Tahu and Krika’s Ghostblasters

Photo #2: Working Ghostblasters

Photo #3: Tahu and Krika

Photo #4: The rest of the set without the characters

(If you’re interested) Notes: Really happy with this set. I started with the tree and didn’t know what to do with it so I modified it to fit the Swamp of Secrets feel. Then decided to do the battle between Krika and Tahu from the Bionicle Comic Issues since Krika is one of my favorite Bionicle characters. I love Krika, I think he’s alright, however, Tahu on the other hand… yeah, not to happy. I don’t know if it seems like it but I really rushed this thinking the contest entries were due the 5th. Instead of working on it I want to make a second entry. Looking at all the entries I personally wouldn’t put myself in the top five but maybe that’s just in my eyes. I don’t know if anyone’s going to read these final notes but if you do criticism would be very appreciated and welcomed.

40 Likes

That Krika is Nice. The rest is good, but mot for a lego set. It lacks any real features a set of this size should have.

3 Likes

Good job!
The funny thing is though, that krika minifig is actually better than the krika that was released in 2008.

2 Likes

Yeah, seriously. This looks like one of those 10 dollar minifig packs for Star Wars or something.

2 Likes

I like this, but the the two things that bother me are: 1. the base is too square, and 2. the way those white pikes are connected look very fragile just being connected with a fraction of the length of the bar piece which is definitely not something that would get past the testers at Lego.

1 Like

I quite like Krika.

1 Like

Krika looks really good, but Tahu looks a little strange, but you seem to have the same opinions. Looks really nice overall, but lacks any functionality (other than the ghostblasters)

2 Likes

Cool entry. Tahu’s shield is MASSIVE.

1 Like

It looks nice but my only issues are the shield size and the connections on Krika’s spikes, maybe another piece could have been used but you’ve accurately got the figures.

1 Like

Neat. The designs of Krika and Tahu are the definite highlights of this for me.

1 Like

that krika is neat

2 Likes

Which one from 2008, the happy meal toy one, or the constraction one

1 Like