L. Biocupus

If you told me three years that this would be my first moc topic I would have said “Uh, okay.”

L. Biocupus
Originally Built: June 7th, 2022

This year I resolved to create more new topics here, and after almost 5 months of putting it off I’ve decided to bite the bullet and post the first non-digital moc I ever publically posted to the interwebs (outdated, this description was written 4 months ago)

Imgur
Color corrected image created earlier this year
Imgur

This was my first time entering a moc into Biocup, and although it didn’t get past the preliminaries, I do think that attempting to emulate the “Flickr moccist” style improved my moccing abilities

Funnily enough a professional bird photographer saw it and gave it a fave

23 Likes

postus Atobus

I like the use of the Metus helmet

5 Likes

Still got pretty cool parts usage. The uses of the 2008 claws and Metus helmet are neat, overall a nice moc.

3 Likes

aw c’mon, I wouldn’t bug you constantly about it for three years

I’d do four

It’s a very nice silhouette, although the adherence to clunkier Bionicle pieces does hurt the moc a little. The Flickr Mocist style has really evolved to making things as uniform as possible with the widest variety of pieces, and I’ll admit it’s a difficult style to grasp.

Still though, nice work!

5 Likes

I remember when you accidentally posted this and then deleted the topic months ago; it’s very nice to see that you’re ready to show it off to the people of the boards

The moc is very nice. The emulation of the ‘flickr-style’ works surprisingly well, and the 2D construction makes the moc very unique

you should post the picture of the side view :smirk:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I remember being very pleased with how nicely it fit

Screenshot_20230925_163602_Discord

Check out my studio

6 Likes

Nice studio

2 Likes

That pre-algebra really sells the shot

2 Likes