Lariska the Catgirl

This time, I feel like I’ve committed the original sin. I shouldn’t have made a joke before

2 Likes

You are not at fault here, first version of Nyariska was made all the way back in 2020

I need to express my anger about how I’m getting spammed with notification emails over a pointless discussion flooding into a long closed thread.
First of all, holy crap, do people get aggravated over a set of breasts. They’re normal part of a female anatomy (including mine, thanks for the misgender) and I fail to understand why anyone would be further interested in it to begin with. But apparently that’s a thing, to the point someone would create very questionable things out of Lego. Honestly, that’s just twisted.
Second, yes, I did make the mistake to base my first rendition of Lariska too much off of Roodaka, but considering the changes applied after, it seems a bit unfair to make it an example for said twisted views.
Third, it was not the criticism about aforementioned things that had me stay away, but the simple fact that my lack of creativity doesn’t match the already existing great Lariska models. Those are what you should be discussing.
And last but not least, if I’m being honest, I’m kinda glad that apparently the contest got cancelled. Not just because we can all have our own, still “right” Lariska, but because I think it’s not a good way to go about. Everyone makes their own model, sends it in, then a jury selects one premade out of the options. While instead, you could be working on it together, decide on individual parts and combine it into an actually community-made (as opposed to community-chosen) Lariska.
With that being said, I turned off notifications and hope not to be annoyed by unreasonable arguments anymore.

12 Likes

If I may attempt to give actually constructive criticism…

The issue here, in my opinion, isn’t the presence of breasts, but how they’re incorporated. They feel like they’re tacked on just to give the moc breasts. For a combination of factors:

1. They hang at an angle, leaving a gap at the bottom. They look less like breasts and more like, a pair of folded handkerchief hanging from her chest.
  2. Their size conflicts with the thin waist, creating unrealistic exaggerated female proportions you typically see on NSFW stuff.
  3. The torso actually looks like it has good fem-bionicle torso build underneath. When I say I think it would look better without the Rahkshi heads, it isn’t because “ugh bionicle breasts bad”, but because I think the moc would be better proportioned without them, or with a smaller piece in their place that flows better with the shaping of the torso.

I’ve done mocs with a female chest. Heck, my self moc is a girl – and I’ll admit, the first version of it, I ran into the same issue, mostly because I was new at moccing. But I generally try to make a torso that looks like the chest is a natural part of it, rather than clipped on to make the moc female.

17 Likes

I’ll admit, I had an issue with making boobies connect nicely with collar bone.

Here is an earlier version of the torso. While it flows better overall, her rack seems to be a bit too high. Many people making booba mocs make this mistake and put boobs almost at shoulder hight. That’s why i had to sacrifice flow for the sake of anatomy. I also changed how they are connected to the torso and gave them a bit more articulation. In current version they can move up and down a bit. If anyone has suggestions how to better connect collar bone with the chest, I’m willing to hear them

2 Likes

I want to know

1 Like

I want to know too.

#SIMPPRIDE

1 Like

Well sorry for dragging you into this. thought I was doing some good. Guess iam the odd one out here with “ twisted” views as you say.

2 Likes

gee how is this topic still around

3 Likes

no idea

1 Like

And I thought Hoseryx caused a stir…

9 Likes

Hoseryx backlash was way worse than this.

3 Likes

Well yeah, it almost became canon.

2 Likes

Have some more action poses

5 Likes

. . . . . .
plz dont do this to us

7 Likes

I don’t like this timeline

8 Likes

Okay, those poses are actually pretty cool, especially the first one. She looks good in action.

1 Like

ratio

/s

1 Like

Looks really cool! I love the colors.

1 Like

I know everyone’s pointing out the uh
other design choices

But I wanna see how that head works, I’ve never seen a MOCist use those little talon pieces as cat ears.

1 Like