Lariska the Dark Huntress MOC (entry for DuckBricks contest)

Another Lariska to add to the pile. But this is my entry:

I tried to stick to the description of the character as much as I could by making her slender and agile. The Visorak leg piece is meant to emulate abdominal muscles as they would appear on a lean female athlete. Overall I tried to use as many pieces from around '04 and '05 to make her fit with the other Dark Hunters. So no CCBS and such.

She has a fully mechanical left arm that is slightly longer than her other arm because the original design was not meant for her. It also has a claw for a hand which makes the left arm a formidable weapon on its own when she is not wielding her twin daggers.

The whole model can be built with existing pieces, save for 4 armor pieces in teal. I tried to use as many existing teal pieces as possible for the rest of her body while sticking to my design. Back view:

She can wear Kanohi on her face when her mandibles are retracted (pieces can be stored elsewhere on the model), but some work better than others and not all fit (without some more mods to her face).

Below is a comparison picture with her next to a random Toa (Iruini). As you can see the model is roughly as tall as a tall Metru or Hagah Toa.The daggers can either be silver to show them in their normal form, or lime to show them being stained with poison.

To summarise, the model:

• Is slender and agile
  • Has a fully mechanical left arm
  • Is about as tall as a Toa
  • Has twin protosteel daggers that are dipped in poison
  • Can wear (some) Kanohi
  • Has a few teal pieces of armor

Thanks for reading. Comments and criticism are welcome.

12 Likes

Looks like a neat moc. A bit generic, but the torso section is built pretty smartly.

2 Likes

ooo very nice!

2 Likes

The Stud.io file is available on Rebrickable: LEGO MOC Bionicle Dark Hunter Lariska MOC (entry by JekPorkchops) by Jek_Porkchops | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

It was also a goal of mine to only use legal building techniques.

2 Likes

My Lariska has a similar head design. But this one is more creative

1 Like

this one isn’t quite my thing but I appreciate how unique the head design is, very interesting and mosquito-like

2 Likes