Lariska the Scarred

I am a man of few words so I will sum her up in about three or four sentences. This is my take on Lariska, the scarred Dark-Hunter responsible for convincing Nidhiki to turn against the Toa. She has two daggers that clip onto her waist in the back, her signature mechanical arm, and surprisingly came out with a feminine look which I was not expecting. She is inspired by a slizer Lariska I saw on google images one day. (the rearview picture is outdated, I have since updated the legs) I put a heavy emphasis on athletic and nimble.

31 Likes

not quite how I imagined lariska, but I really like the head design! and while I dont feel that it works well for lariska specifically, I do really like the leg design, especially with its old technic-slizer greebley feel

5 Likes

Yeah its definitely not like most out there. When I go for characters with no appearances I try to make them more unique then the same ol Vortixx headed humanoid build (most take a muscular look rather than nimble) I also thought the old school slizer aesthetic looked cool so I thought “why not?”

3 Likes

This is really cool, I love the shaping and color choices.

2 Likes

heck yeah, theres the spirit

3 Likes

I like the Moc quite a bit, but the high number of teal slizer and early bionicle parts make it look more like a Turbo revamp to me.

2 Likes

This isn’t how I see lariska, but a really cool moc nonetheless.

i still don’t like how similar our names are lol

4 Likes

Nice build, I like the legs design and the slizer vibe, do all these pieces in these colours exist?

This isn’t at all how I imagined Lariska, but it’s actually quite cool. I’m not sold on the stick-thin limbs, but they are effective at conveying nimbleness. Also, you’re right about the femininity–I think that’s due to the wide hips, which look really good to me. They’re strong but also agile. I might have to give my Lariska MOC hips like that…

2 Likes

Yes that is the reason she is built the way she is. There aren’t many Mocs that follow the teal color scheme with pieces that’s exist so I found the only teal pieces that were viable for a moc and used them.

Evolutionary line:

Base form:
Memeriska

Stage 1

Stage 2

4 Likes

It’s a nice MOC, but honestly I’m not much of a fan of the Slizer head because it just makes for an odd looking face.

I agree. Maybe I’m letting my own personal image of what Lariska looks like, but in my opinion, the visor makes her look more like a turbo revamp. Or a girl with a motorcycle helmet. (EDIT: in hindsight, this isn’t really a problem, however I still do think that this interpretation looks a little too similar to Turbo)

I think I’d prefer if they kept the slider head, but removed the visor.

Good. It’s way better than her just being a teal version of Roodaka.

The creativity on this MOC displayed is great. I don’t understand the dislikes here.

2 Likes

Yeah, it really does look like double’s moc.

Nearly everyone who’s commented likes the MOC. It just doesn’t look like how we imagine Lariska to look, is all.

4 Likes

Yeah even I agree it looks more like Turbo, the only issue is it would look really odd without the visor so I have been working on different head designs for her. Also another set back is my desire to keep it 100% buildable which restricts what parts and colors I can use.

1 Like

I think that the slider head without the visor would look fine, but to each their own, I suppose.

Maybe you could use some blue and green pieces, so you can have a larger selection of parts to chose from.

I would rather stay true to her canon depiction tbh. I could whip up a system built teal head I suppose