Lariska The Turquoise assassin.

Not much to say this time round, just my version of Lariska.
After having a discussion with some people we concluded that she might be some what reptilian in appearance, so the idea here is for her to be something like a Sangheili from the Halo universe.

A few things that I wanted to ensure that I didn’t do was, using a typical Vortixx head, no high heals and no breasts.

I wanted her to be slender, agile looking and intimidating.

I wanted the artificial arm to cover part of the chest too, as if her arm wasn’t just severed but ripped off, taking part of her torso with it.

The tail was a late addition but given her amazing acrobatic abilities, I thought a tail made sense.

Thanks in no small part to VC for these awesome blade parts, while they are strictly meant to be a combined part I thought that they worked really well as her Protosteel combat daggers.
As well as a set of throwing knives.

Lariska is a character that I have attempted to build a number of times over the years with little success (except a very poor build in my Brickshelf from around 2006) This is the first time I have made a version that I’m actually genuinely happy with.

As always all comments and feedback are very welcome.

Credits

Also credits for the parts and colours go to.
Turret3471 Pack
Galva Pack
Bio Pack
KhingK
KingSidorak
Megawillbot
Voidhound
Mod20087
Gifthammer
Hermaeus_Jackson
MO6Z
Rothanak
KrayDay
OhluCG
Godfyr6934
Agils
Ken
Meowserstrousers
Kryakwa
Grievous
Aleist3r
Phinto_
Nattarthetimedragon
Charger0908
Voyager
HahliNuva
Vspinax
AbsolutBeginner
Valtarshol
BionicleC4
BowtiedTrombone
Knux400
Lehvak Nuva
Xio Zaku
Pasta Man64
SCMD1999
OhluCG
Kardas
Evanetics Art (Parts pack link as per pack Terms)
RedStarGames
and a few of my own.

If I have missed anyone or if anyone knows any more skilled artists that have parts free for download then please let me know, I’m always looking for new parts.

28 Likes

Dude, you nailed the head! And the tail payed off as well. The whole thing is a neat blend between reptile and humanoid, and your colors balance out really well. And, of course, I wanna mention how kuch I appreciate the mech arm not being a giant doomsday robot claw. Good visual balance there.

The last picture of her reminds me of the Matthew Broderick Godzilla which is the best Godzilla (Spiderus don’t yell at me)

2 Likes

Yeah this looks really good. The head and general shaping are neat, but the tail is maybe a bit too thick/long? Anyways it’s a good moc.

1 Like

There have been so many good Lariska mocs and this one is no exception.

2 Likes

YES

Okay, so like this might just be my favourite Lariska build yet. From what we had discussed about a tail and reptilian features (which I must say, Halo is a good inspiration source) to the size of the knives and the hood she has got going. Very good job. Nitpicks would be the thickness of the tail (which mind you could be a weapon of sorts at that size) and the shoulder pads I think should be 45 degrees back instead of 90 at vertical.

Might try to make a buildable version or at least something in a similar vein. Could you post a break down for the head? That is quite similar to what mine had going but yours does the idea way better.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: Have to agree that the tail is a bit on the thick side, wish I had spent a bit more time on it to get a better shape but I got a bit lazy towards the end. Tried a lot of different head builds that just didn’t work so I got a bit lazy with the tail. Sorry about that.

@Axelford Here you go, obviously colours are a bit off from what’s real without painting but it should be mostly buildable. The only custom part in the head is the mechanical claw piece that holds the eyes, it’s a custom piece with a shorter bar so that it wouldn’t stick out too far.

There is also a half axel part that keeps the liftarms near the neck in place.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, hopefully I can come up with something at least similar.

1 Like

Great build, it would be really cool to see how closer a build you could make to this using only real parts

2 Likes

I really like the head design and the weapons, though by looking at the breakdown picture it seems as the head might be impossible to build irl without cutting the clips that hold the eyes. Is there a way it can be solved?

1 Like

I am so bloody upset at how wonderfully creative and character-appropriate this is, because I can already see people getting mad at all the custom parts being used.

But this Lariska is absolute perfection.

Reptiles are agile, cunning, and stealthy-- everything Lariska embodies as the Dark Huntress. Your motifs are presented super well in this design, and this 100% looks like a Lariska that would be built in modern times.

I have no shame in saying that should Bionicle be revived today, you’ve got an eye for what its characters could look like. Screw the buildable aspect; you made a crazy good Lariska. Cheers to you and your creative tastes. :beers:

4 Likes

This is an excellent take on Lariska, probably my favourite yet. Appropriately scaled, well-proportioned, well-built, and appropriate for the character.

With regards to the eyes being an impossible build, it’s unfortunate, but Bohrok eyes should work without changing the look too much.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all of your kind words guys. :heart: Been feeling pretty down lately so really do appreciate all of your lovely comments.
Since everyone seems to really like this build, I might see if I can create a version that doesn’t use any custom parts so it will be buildable as long as you are willing to paint a few parts.
I’ll see what I can do.

5 Likes