Lariska V2 (ver. Mirai) - 3rd Fanon Contest Entry for Duckbricks (Lariska)

Hello everyone, I apologize for being late for 810nicle Day. I haven’t thought of anything significant to post for it. But hey, at least it’s better late than never.

Front and Back.

Comparison between V1 and V2.

The daggers are being used in this.

Note:
The torso and the head ultimately got a rebuild, all of the pieces being in V2 are available irl so color accuracies wouldn’t be a problem.

I hope everyone like this new iteration of her and please tell me what do you guys think.

28 Likes

oooo this looks very cool!

1 Like

Nice, love this interpretation. Your builds always have such a distinct look to them. I really am a fan.

2 Likes

@Rhyla416 @Alucia
Thank you guys so much! I’m happy to hear that you guys like this iteration of her.

2 Likes

Really digging the head design! At first glance I thought it was the headpiece from Waspix / Scorpio from Hero Factory but in black, glad I looked closer for some cool building techniques!

2 Likes

Oh this looks very cool. I like the leg and head build, nice moc!

1 Like

She looks better proportioned and more streamlined than the original, nice upgrade

2 Likes

Too similar to Rider BD’s entry to be comfortable. I don’t mind being inspired on different MOCS to build your own, but I suppose you don’t plan to participate in the DuckBricks contest with it.

1 Like

pretty good upgrade from the original, looks a lot cleaner

1 Like

Ah yes.
-Digitigrade legs.
-Similar head build.
-Teal (Dark Turquoise) and black color scheme.
-Daggers and blades on the moc.
-Waist articulation.

What else?

It’s clear you have a very unique style. I don’t know why, but I’m reminded of the old Technic Star Wars figures in the best way.

I’m obsessed with the construction of the right forearm. Such a smooth and flush design, I cannot figure out how you did it.

3 Likes

… are you exaggerating or anything? or is this your first time seeing this technique?

The Metru Shin piece has two pin holes to fit all that

3 Likes

Yep, it was done just like that
I used system parts to fill the gap of the leg and arm piece sometimes

This technique would make sense to me but it looks like the two pin holes are being occupied by what I assumed was a smooth version of this piece.

I guess I’m unfamiliar with the piece used on the underside of the forearm.

This is the piece being used:

(part 28220, “large figure armor plate small”)

4 Likes

Thanks. This is extremely helpful. I had no idea this piece existed.

2 Likes

Update:
More additional renders.

I’m gonna submit her as the entry for the Duckbrick’s 3rd Fanon Contest.

Here’s the link for the moc:

4 Likes

ooo she looks really cool!
tho the head kinda looks very similar to Rider’s

1 Like

Yeah, the head is heavily inspired by RiderBD’s design