Latest LDD Updates

Alright, so if you’re like me, you thought that LDD was discontinued. According to Brickset, it’s not: New version of LDD released | Brickset.

Some of the new updates include the 2015 stud shooter, the new 3M axle with a standard stopper, the axe blades for 2015 Gali and Skull Basher, the stormerangs for 2015 Pohatu, the new 2016 gear piece with a pin hole, and the skull ribcage piece. The article includes a PDF listing off all of the new parts; I’ll post pictures when I can.

9 Likes

I just find it very interesting they added the 2015 eyestalk, but not the head.

I wonder if they’re holding it off until a later update along with the masks, assuming they’re working on coding that new connection.

5 Likes

When it comes to constraction, LDD generally adds on the pieces that are the most compatible with others first; due to that an eyestalk would be added before an even more specialized head piece. At least an eyestalk has a technic pinhole that allows it to be easily added to other surfaces.

1 Like

Isn’t this already a topic?

Also, I just went to the download page and I noticed this:

Does this mean that it’s not yet available for Windows 10?

Are we allowed to revive topics that are over 6 months old here?

Just because it requires a certain OS as a minimum doesn’t ever mean that it won’t work on later ones.

1 Like

I have Windows 10, it works for me.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks!

You can revive any topic no matter how old on here.

We are but I don’t know if this warrants a new topic or not.

Rest easy I’ll summon the mods.

Yup topic can stay.

3 Likes

the program was always here but you can’t order your sets anymore

Actually there was a big scare that they would stop updating the program.

see here for deets: RIP LDD | Brickset

Cool to see these now in LDD. I wanna go mess around with them right now.

1 Like

Yeah, as far as I understand, Lego released an official statement on how the program was getting discontinued altogether. Seems as though that was either a false quotation, or that they reconsidered their decision.

@Winterstorm345
That’s been old news for a while; sorry.

I typically don’t use LDD too much, though I may start using it for visualizing MOCs since this new update.

Nice job, LEGO, let’s add the new gizmos and not the gizmos that only work with the gizmos.

1 Like

Hmmm…

1 Like

Honestly I think the reason as to why the 2015 head and masks werent included is due to the fact that the devs are still figuring out the odd attachment point

3 Likes

Does LDD auto-update, or no? If not, where can I get the update?

@Fabioman
I doubt that a non-standard connection point would be an issue for a digital visualization program; no actual connecting is involved.

@HewkiiDaKohliiHead
It should update right away if you have a solid internet connection. If you don’t, I would head to the relevant article on eurobricks right here: LDD 4.3.9 Update Released - Digital LEGO: Tools, Techniques, and Projects - Eurobricks Forums

1 Like