Least Favorite Movie(s) of 2014!

I thought The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was pretty lame. It was a contrived mess. On the one hand, it was trying to be what I would call an “emotionally serious” movie, what with Gwen’s death and the destruction of Harry and Peter’s friendship…but then they had Electro, who belongs in Batman and Robin. The Harry/Goblin story seemed very shoehorned in, and didn’t have enough time to really develop–plus, why was he so obsessed with getting cured immediately when he presumably had 20 or 30 years to live? That made his actions at the end seem to come almost out of nowhere, which in turn made Gwen’s death seem out-of-place in this movie. Add in corny symbolism (the “spider-web hand” reaching out to Gwen as she fell), a completely pointless subplot for Aunt May, a needless appearance of the Rhino, and lots of badly-written, “on-the-nose” dialogue, and you have what, in my estimation, is the worst Spider-man movie by far. (That being said, the chemistry between Gwen and Peter made the movie watchable for me…though the breakup was totally contrived and clichéd.)

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit was “meh.” It was entertaining, but felt very derivative of the Bourne and Craig-era Bond movies.

I didn’t watch The Hobbit 3, but if I had, I would almost certainly have hated it (hence why I didn’t watch it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

It’s because big studios won’t pay for them anymore–and on the rare occasion that they do, you often get stuff like Noah where they don’t understand that most Christians want to see something that’s accurate to the Bible. Most Christian movies these days are made by amateurs who, frankly, don’t know what they’re doing. 'Tis a shame, though I’d like to point out The Prince of Egypt, The Passion of the Christ, and the first Narnia film, all relatively-recent (ok, maybe that’s a stretch :stuck_out_tongue: ), high-quality movies that were largely well-received. (Btw, Ben-Hur is a favorite of mine as well!)

3 Likes

Not all the way biblically accurate, but still one of my favorites. I think the best religious/Christian films are the ones that get into the feels.

You have a point… They want everything actiony, when instead they should make movies that appeal to Christian ideals. Like, you can have action, but if the genre is a religious film, they need to show religious ideals. Otherwise, it’s an action film, and should be viewed as an action film in a religious setting.

1 Like

The only Prince of Egypt I enjoy.

This film and Avatar make me want to do more 2D animation. :smile:

3 Likes

I actually have 3 least favorite movies for 2014. “Transformers: Age of Extinction” was incredibly stupid. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” wasn’t any better. And “Pompeii” was a big disappointment. It’s basically a Roman volcanic version of “Titanic”.

2 Likes

I thought Pompeii was greek…

2 Likes

ಠ_ಠ wut ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

4 Likes

That’s your only issue with them, dang you have a high tolerance for bad movies!

Rants can be fun?

My worst disappointment was Amazing Spiderman 2. Jumbled story, action MORE BORING than the romance, (and for some 13yrd to say that, that’s saying a lot) personally I didn’t like the non-black eyes, Phillip Phillips *DING!, the Rhino, no follow-up about Uncle Ben’s killer, TOO many villains, and Electro’s character development so bad that it makes me want to 1v1 Eminem when he is drunk!!!

Did you hear about a movie called Kingsman?

1 Like

Edited title - Not_legomaster

3 Likes